Empack Spraytech Inc. is a leading aerosol manufacturer, liquid filler and custom contract packager located in Brampton, ON. Our goal is to offer premium quality products and excellent customer service to companies across Canada, the US and Internationally.
Empack manufactures products for a wide range of markets including personal care, household goods, automotive, computer care, industrial and outdoors. We offer private label programs and produce a range of products under our house brands such as emzone, zytec Germ Buster and SunZone.
This is an excellent opportunity for a career-minded professional looking for a challenging opportunity.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Assist the Sr. Buyer in the overall implementation and management of ‘best practice’ processes as they relate to Supply Chain. Responsible for sourcing, the full cycle of RFx process from RFx document development to post award implementation, contract negotiation and vendor management with the objective of process improvements and overall cost savings.
- Support and execute the purchasing strategy (RFx, contract extension/renewal) for a specific commodity under defined timelines while ensuring quantifiable results/savings;
- Negotiate or assist the Sr. Buyer with the purchase of key commodities;
- Maintain ongoing communication with related departmental personnel to ensure timely and accurate procurement of services;
- Work closely with the Sr. Buyer to support sourcing analytics and contract management;
- Understand the commodity and identify cost and service metrics to achieve most viable solution;
- Communicates with and evaluates vendors to ascertain their ability to meet company requirements, goals and objectives;
- Act as interface with new suppliers and sustaining businesses to build business relationships, to ensure KPI’s are met;
- Maintain ongoing communications with suppliers and vendors regarding costs, quality, quantity and delivery of goods purchased as identified through operations/stakeholders;
- Liaise with various Support Office departments related to commodities to ensure their priorities are being addressed;
- Follow Procurement guidelines and policies;
- Keep purchasing and contract management databases up to date, follow up deadlines
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Other assignments within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as reasonable requested from time to time by management
Desired Skills and Experience
To succeed in this role, the candidate must possess the following combination of education, experience and skills:
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in Strategic Sourcing
- Business Degree with related PMAC courses
- Previous experience in manufacturing industry is an asset
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Working knowledge of vendor contracts
- Technical knowledge of commodities purchased and key cost drivers
- Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS Word, knowledge of ERP systems (ACCPAC, MICROSOFT NAV etc) is an asset
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Focus on customer service
- Problem solving skills
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to provide a description of those principal job elements. All job descriptions are subject to change.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$45,000.00 per year
- Vendor Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)