Position: Millwright/ Maintenance
Company: Delta Pacific Seafoods (www.deltapacific.ca)
Location: Delta, BC
Category: Food Manufacturing/ Production
Job Type: Full Time – Permanent
Hours: Monday – Friday (See Shift Schedule Below)
Shift Schedule: 8 hours rotating shifts during the training period.
· Day Shift / 7:00 am to 3:30 PM
· Afternoon Shift / 3:30 PM to 12:30AM (daily OT may be required)
· 12 -hour shift on a rotating schedule (4 days on and 4 days off) is also possible.
Delta Pacific Seafoods (DPS) is the largest fresh, frozen, and value-added seafood processing operation in British Columbia. At Delta Pacific we specialize in high-quality custom seafood processing, value-added and cold storage services.
We have an immediate opening for a Millwright in our state-of-the art facility. As part of the maintenance department, you will work alongside other trades to install, repair and maintain company property including equipment, machinery, mechanical systems, building and other structures. During production periods you will respond to, troubleshoot, and fix equipment stalls or malfunctions to ensure minimal downtime.
· Install, adjust and/or repair machines, equipment, mechanical systems, buildings, and other structures.
· Inspect machinery and equipment to detect irregularities and perform repair tasks quickly and precisely, keeping downtime to a minimum.
· Conduct regular inspections and maintenance of machinery and equipment to ensure conformance with operational standards.
· Perform routine preventative maintenance work on machinery.
· Maintain records of all service, maintenance and refurbishing work carried out on machines and equipment.
· Operate machine tools to fabricate parts required.
· Read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
· Maintain inventory equipment, supplies and materials.
· Perform other related duties incidental to the work described.
- Red Seal Millwright ticket required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a millwright
- Previous experience with electrical, hydraulic, mechanical systems, electronics, welding, and machining is required.
- Ability to work safely and efficiently, knowledge of safety regulations and
practices are required.
- Ability to anticipate, troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Strength and agility are necessary for lifting and climbing.
- Ability to follow instructions and read blueprints.
- Ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with co-workers, contractors, and company management.
- Strong communications skills and fluency in English
- Experience in maintenance in a manufacturing/ food production plant is an
asset, but not a requirement.
- Must be available for all hours of operation including overtime and weekend work as required.
- Must have access to a vehicle.
At Delta Pacific, we offer stable employment, a friendly work environment, competitive wages, group benefits and Group RRSP.
To apply, email your resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $35.00-$42.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
All customers are required to wear a mask, curbside pick up available, common surfaces are sanitized regularly.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Delta, BC V4K 4E2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- millwright: 3 years (required)
- Red Seal Millwright Ticket (required)