As a member of the department of pharmacy team, you are responsible for the day to day activities related to the responsible provision of medication therapy management including provision of pharmaceutical care, teaching professional students and staff,s upervision of technical personnel and distribution activities.
Clinical Assignments may include one of:
Pharmacy Informatics / Redevelopment Project Lead, Outpatient Oncology clinic, inpatient palliative care/CCC, inpatient/day surgery, medicine/s urgery/ambulatory care, float pool.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy degree or Doctor of Pharmacy.
- Registration as a Part A Pharmacist in Ontario.
- Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada certification.
- Hospital Pharmacy residency certificate or equivalent is an asset.
- Hospital Pharmacy patient-focused experience (preferred minimum 2 years).
- Critical care, Oncology experience an asset.
- Excellent communication skills for teaching professionals, students and patients.
- Ability to organize and supervise the wor k of technical personnel.
- Exceptional professionalism and ability to maintain composure under stress.
- Innovative and creative in approach to problem-solving.
- Interacts courteously and efficiently in verbal and written communication.
- Working knowledge of pharmacy and/or hospital technological solutions including CPOE, eMAR,
electronic documentation, Pharmacy Information Systems.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate and execute professional respon sibilities.
- Excellent work and attendance record required.
- CSHP membership/participation an asset (or equivalent)
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hosp ital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by pati ent and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH’s policies and practices.