Quantiam is an innovative and growing advanced technology company located in the Edmonton Research Park in South Edmonton. We are seeking a highly motivated, hard-working and energetic employee with a great attitude and a strong work ethic to work in a high-paced, multi-disciplinary environment.
Position: Part-Time or Full-Time (flexible; min 0.6 FTE with good growth potential)
Compensation Range: $45,000.00 to $65,000.00/year (depending on experience), 0-to-24% Performance Bonus; 40 hour work week; highly Competitive and Comprehensive benefits package
Experience: 5+ years hands-on industry experience in a similar role.
- Post-secondary college diploma in Accounting discipline, or a University Degree in a related area with direct work experience.
- Training in ERP/accounting systems is desirable.
Experience/Specific Behavioural and Technical Skills Required:
Experience and Technical Skills:
- Working knowledge of full-cycle accounting including assisting with normal-course external reviews or audits.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Excellent reconciliation skills.
- Good business acumen and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and major SME accounting software programs.
- Ability to quickly adapt new operational/accounting system as part of procedural improvement.
- Experience in supporting Engineering, R&D and/or Manufacturing functions is desirable.
- Experience in a project-based accounting environment is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge with inventory control and purchase assistance is valuable but not necessary.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work efficiently in a team environment and establish strong collaborative working relationships.
- Responsible individual with strong work ethic and demonstrated accountability; reliable and exemplary work attendance.
- Pro-active approach and the ability to sustain a high level of enthusiasm, initiative and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work. Positive “can-do” attitude.
- The ideal candidate should be a highly flexible individual who is proficient at managing expectations.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to meet multiple tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well with all levels of the organization and function in multiple cross-functional project teams.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-changing environment.
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
Brief Job Description:
This position will report to the Controller and responsibilities will include but is not limited to:
- Process daily financial transactions. Assist with full-cycle daily accounting tasks that include: accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger posting, and timely month-end closure.
- Maintain and update sub-ledgers, working papers and other reports assigned.
- Assist with financial period-end closure.
- Assist with government and other regulatory reporting.
- Assist with Purchase-to-Pay processes, tracking and closure; validate material quantities or rendered service against the PO.
- Excellent opportunity to advance with continued company growth.
- Back up for bi-weekly payroll including time sheet verification.
- Other duties as assigned.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your cover letter and resume in one Word document or a PDF including competition number 1000-11.
Reference ID: Competition#: 1000-11
Application deadline: 2020-06-12
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bookkeeping: 5 years (Preferred)