Office Coordinator Full Time
M’akola Housing Society - Prince Rupert, BC
M’akola Housing Society (MHS) is the largest Indigenous housing provider in BC committed to supporting vibrant, diverse communities in British Columbia for over 30 years. Our Property Manager spans the province comprising over 1,600 homes and involves property management, asset management and assisted living.
At MHS, we have energetic and engaged teams. Each member brings a unique approach and skillset, and together we are committed to delivering high-quality service to our tenants and their communities.
The Office Coordinator is an important part of the portfolio management working closely with the Property Manager and Property Manager Assistant. The Office Coordinator is responsible for day to day operation of the Region office including telephone, walk ins, mail, file management, and tenant information. The Office Coordinator collects rent payments and maintains appropriate financial reporting and procedures. The Office Coordinator works cooperatively in a team environment to provide prompt, thorough and accurate service, taking responsibility for seeing tasks through to completion. The Office Coordinator is assigned work as required based on changing business needs and priorities. The position schedule is Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
· Secondary school graduation or equivalent
· Post-secondary courses in office systems and procedure
· Minimum of three years office experience, including at least one year providing detailed information to the public. Experience providing direct customer service to the public, preferably in a Contact Centre environment, would be an asset.
· Level 1 first aid certificate, or willing to acquire
· Experience in and with the Indigenous community is an asset
Required Knowledge and Skills
· Good grammar, spelling and punctuation.
· Knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act
· Good conflict resolution skills and the ability to demonstrate patience and tolerance and exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgement when dealing with upset, angry clients with diverse cultural, educational and socio-economic backgrounds.
· Good problem-solving skills.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the public.
· Ability to apply legislation, regulations, operating agreements and other information sources for the purpose of assessing and explaining eligibility.
· Ability to plan, meet deadlines and adapt to critical priorities in an environment with competing priorities and a heavy and diverse workload without compromising the quality of work.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
· Ability to work independently, and to contribute and co-operate in a team environment.
· Sound knowledge of general office procedures and systems.
· Good mathematical and analytical skills.
· Detail oriented with ability to maintain quality standards.
· Good working knowledge of computer applications including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, and ability to manoeuvre between applications with ease.
M’akola provides the following benefits for eligible positions:
- Paid vacation and paid sick leave
- Municipal Pension Plan (MPP)
- Extended health benefits, including prescription coverage and dental, among others
- Employee Assistance Program (counselling for employees and family members)
Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous ancestry (please self-identify) as per Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to the attention of:
By Email: humanresourcesATmakola.bc.ca
No phone calls please. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Closing date is April 23, 2019 at 4:00pm PST
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent