River Rock Casino Resort is the 2012 - 2017 Winner of the World Luxury Casino Hotel in North America, Trip Advisor's 2014 winner of the Certificate of Excellence, and Western Canada's only Four Diamond Casino Resort.
Take the Canada Line Skytrain to Bridgeport and you're immediately transported to the exceptional River Rock Casino Resort featuring the luxurious Hotel at River Rock. River Rock is home to the best concerts and events in the state of the art River Rock Show Theatre. There's 24/7 action in Western Canada's largest Casino Resort, featuring over 1200 slot machines, 16 poker tables and over 100 table games! Every palate is sure to be pleased at River Rock, where we offer everything from our incredible Buffet, to the sumptuous offerings in Curve Lounge, to Richmond's most acclaimed West Coast fine dining experience in Tramonto. River Rock has something for everyone!
Whether you work as a Chef on our Culinary brigade, as a Blackjack Dealer in our Casino, a Cashier in our International Food Court, or as a Room Attendant in our Hotel, you will have the countless opportunities to provide our guests with the Great Experiences and Memories that have made us famous!
River Rock is your place to shine! Your teammates are just like you - positive, up for a challenge, and always willing to go above and beyond for our guests. If you Expect Great Things, just like we do, we encourage you to apply to join our dynamic team of service professionals today! Starting your career at River Rock is never a gamble - our employees are the best in the business!
Join our Rock Solid team of gaming and hospitality professionals now, at www.riverrock.com!
River Rock Casino Resort is seeking a qualified individual interested in furthering their career as Cage Cashier/Count Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring adherence to all policies and procedures through duties including cash administration and cash counts while contributing to a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees. As the face of our Cage operations, our next Cage Cashier/Count Team will enjoy getting to know our guests by name and putting their exceptional customer service skills into action.
Duties and responsibilities for our Cage Cashier/Count Team include:
- Handling cash transactions including but not limited to foreign currency exchange, traveler’s cheques, short pays, over payments, cash counts, coins and bills
- Monitoring and reporting all discrepancies and suspicious cash activities
- Redeeming value chips and gaming tickets for cash
- Selling racing tickets, vouchers, racing programs and value chips as required
- Verifying and processing machine fills, machine jackpots, cancelled credits, as well as table fills and credits
- Issuing opening floats to Slot Attendants (or others); reconciling closing floats
- Transferring and storing floats, keys and record keeping documents
- Documenting and reconciling transactions; may reconcile bank deposits and prepare revenue reports
- Counting bills, coins and cash equivalents
- Organizing and securing the storage of count carts, cash boxes, and cassettes for count pulls
- Transports all collected cash boxes/cassettes to the Count Room
- Operates automated money counter equipment to count and process tickets/currency that were removed from all the cash boxes/cassettes
- Reporting suspect cash and cash equivalents
- Verifying and reconciling before and after counts
- Bagging, bundling, securing and transporting counts
- Providing information for reporting purposes
- Complete daily maintenance of all money counter equipment
- Communicating effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Building strong working relationships with our internal and external guests
- Complying with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Performing other duties as assigned or directed.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma; post-secondary education an asset
- Minimum 1 year of experience in high volume cash handling and counting
- Serving It Right Certification or the ability to achieve a Serving It Right Certification
- The ability to successfully pass a criminal record and credit check through the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch
- Ability to use physical exertion to push and pull carts on a consistent basis
- Ability to stand and walk for all periods of time on a consistent basis
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, kneel, twist and grip items on a consistent basis
- Must be able to differentiate denominations of chips and authenticity of currency
- Must be able to operate a computer, ten key adding machine and money counter
- Ability to exceed internal and external customer expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication
- A commitment to continually increase your knowledge of our products and services in order to offer exceptional experiences to our guests
- Live GCC’s Values on the job: Integrity, Team Engagement, Drive to Succeed, Service Excellence, and Citizenship
- A willingness to learn, develop and achieve new skills for personal and professional development
- A passion for providing Great Experiences and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving service excellence
Candidates must be ready and willing to all shifts including early mornings, graveyards, weekends and holidays. The hours of work will be based on customer and business needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Cash Handling: 1 year (Preferred)