Like to Instruct, Travel, Meet People? This Career Has it All
You are an energetic, communicative person with a knack for developing quick rapport with strangers. You are computer savvy with a technical background and you’re good at explaining things to people in a clear, non-intimidating way. You enjoy travelling. You are self-motivated. You don’t need – or want – to be micro-managed, because you have the discipline and drive to succeed. If this describes you, there is a great opportunity for you to launch a new, exciting career as a Software Training & Support Specialist at Profit Systems Inc. (PSI).
Since 1985, PSI has been developing software in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, and selling it all over the world. In fact, the vast majority of our clients are international (U.S., U.K. and Australia). We have two software products: EventPro, for event & venue management, and PMXpert, for preventive maintenance. Don’t worry if you don’t know much about events or preventive maintenance – we’ll teach you what you need to know.
What You’ll Be Doing
You will be responsible for online and onsite client training and support for our software products. This position will involve travel, primarily to the United States and Canada, but training trips overseas, such as Europe, may occur. When onsite training requires weekend travel, you are compensated with time off in lieu. When not onsite training, you will provide online training and client support from our head office in Saskatoon via telephone and GoToMeeting or RingCentral Meetings.
As a Software Training & Support Specialist, you are a front-line representative of PSI. A successful training experience is important for establishing software use and retaining clients. You will work with our clients monitoring and guiding them through consultation, preparation, installation, training and follow up; as well as providing “How To” and technical support. This will involve developing excellent working relationships with clients as you help them determine what they want to achieve, implement effective processes, and trouble shoot any issues.
Why Work at PSI?
We’re casual and laid back at the home office – no suits required – although onsite training at clients’ locations will require professional business attire. We work hard, and take pride in our professional products & services, but we like to have fun, too. Laughter is even permitted at the office, between 3 pm and 4 pm every second Friday. We have several annual social events, which aren’t lame “corporate learning experiences”; they are actually fun, with good food, lots of joking around, and beverages, if you are so inclined.
Besides a competitive salary, what else will you get from working at PSI?
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- An office environment which is surrounded by the amenities of Innovation Place, including an on-site fitness center, squash courts, a plug-in parking spot, coffee shop, cafeteria, an indoor goldfish pond, and other necessities
- Your birthday off, with pay!
- A cool boss
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral), and superior customer service skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and can think on your feet
- A current passport and valid driver’s license
- Knowledge and experience with Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7, 8, 10, Server)
- Knowledge of SQL servers and Queries
- Knowledge of IIS (Internet Information Services)
- Highly organized and able to manage a schedule of various training & travel requirements
- Really good with people – all kinds of people
- Comfortable with airplane travel and willing to drive in other locations in Canada and the United States
- Able to rent cars in the U.S. and Canada (meeting minimum age requirement of 21)
- Proficient with computer applications in general
Nice to have, but not necessary:
- Teaching experience or a background in training
- Customer Support Experience (technical or otherwise)
- Experience with Report Designers
- Experience in event venue management, the hospitality industry or event planning
- A post-secondary diploma or degree
Ready to Launch a New Career?
Are you up for this opportunity to become our Software Training & Implementation Specialist? If so, please email us your cover letter and resume with listed references. You can read more about us at www.eventpro.net and www.pmxpert.com.
We look forward to meeting you!
Job Type: Full-time