We are Hiring
TreeGO Moncton is looking for reliable and diligent people who have a passion for outdoor recreation to join our team for the 2021 summer. Depending on weather conditions, the job would start sometime at the end of April to early May and would end mid-October to early November. TreeGO is an outdoor aerial adventure course that provides an experience like no other. Customers make their way through a combination of suspended obstacles and ziplines that increase in intensity over four levels. Employees help to ensure each customer has a safe and unforgettable experience at TreeGO.
TreeGO employees not only gain customer service experience but will improve their public speaking skills, leadership skills, and improve their overall health. Working at TreeGO allows employees to enjoy the outdoors and an active lifestyle all summer long. It is a truly unique and rewarding work experience like no other.
Under the supervision of the TreeGO Manager, employees provide a safe, informative experience for guests. The main role of the employees is to create an unforgettable experience that each customer will remember and talk about for years. Employees must use communication skills to engage and react with each guest to ensure an exceptional time is experienced by everyone.
Overview of Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Safety Guides
Safety guides’ main responsibility is to ensure the safety of all customers. The safety guides’ duties include, but are not limited to:
· Daily opening and closing procedures of the course
· Fitting harness correctly and supervising the use of all safety equipment
· Conducting pre-tour safety orientation and demonstration for each assigned tour group
· Review safety issues with customers and answer questions regarding the course
· Supervising the progress and experience of each assigned tour group
· Using customer engagement skills to ensure a memorable experience for each guest
· Performing course rescues (will receive proper training)
· Conducting inspections of all course components and safety gear
· Assisting with course maintenance and repairs
Overview of Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Office Workers
Office workers’ main responsibility is to organize and prepare the groups as they embark on their journey through the course. The office workers’ duties include, but are not limited to:
· Greeting groups before and after the completion of their tour
· Going over safety precautions with clients
· Checking that harnesses are put on correctly
· Conducting inspections of all safety gear
· Daily cleanup of the office
TreeGO work hours reflect customer demand and weather conditions and therefore a set number of hours cannot be guaranteed. However, during peak season, full-time employees can anticipate an average of 35-50 hours a week.
As course bookings are able to be made a minimum of two-hours in advance, employees must be able to adapt to a constantly changing work schedule.
Safety guides must pass and complete required site-specific safety training course offered by the TreeGO manager. To perform this job, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Potential guides must:
· Be able to work at heights comfortably
· Be able to communicate effectively with both adults and children in both group and individual settings
· Be able to handle stressful situations calmly and effectively
· Be able to handle multiple tasks and be creative and motivated
· Have a great attention to detail to ensure safety and overall positive customer experience
· Have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
Potential guides must be 18 years old on or before May 1 of the summer, employees under the age of 18 will be able work in the office or as a ground patrol (same duties as a guide without performing rescues). Prior experience with outdoor recreation, athletics, or similar aerial courses is a plus but is not required.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: From $13.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday