At our Lloydminster North facility we are currently looking for a pilot vehicle driver. As the driver of a Pilot vehicle, you are part of a team doing the important job of safely moving over dimensional loads. The successful applicant will be expected to operate the pilot vehicle in a safe manner at all times, obeying all rules of the road, and follow all appropriate company policies and procedures.
As a Pilot Driver you will:
- Following established traffic management plans to ensure safe travel routes for various loads.
- Ability to navigate work sites, and adapt to daily changes in site scope of work
- Must comply with the permit conditions which cover pilot operations.
- Must be in constant communication by a two-way radio.
- Will have the responsibility for protecting the public, a valuable load, the load driver and yourself.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles
- Responsible for paying any traffic violations/tickets that you may receive
- Hauling, loading and unloading equipment as required. Operate vehicle in a safe manner, obeying all rules of the road and drive in accordance to the weather/road conditions
- Inspect vehicles (equipment) for mechanical and safety issues, and perform preventative maintenance
- Maintain vehicles exterior; keep interior clean of debris and clutter
- Responsible to schedule maintenance as required
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Experience in heavy haul and pilot car operations
- Clean drivers abstract
- Minimum 2 years’ experience
- Effective two-way communication skills for communicating all relevant information efficiently and effectively
- Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to perform routine vehicle maintenance
- Practice safe driving habits
- Have a great attitude and a strong work ethic
- Be reliable, punctual and work well within a team
- Class 1 or 5 Driver’s License
Foremost offers flexible work arrangements, promote from within and provide a challenging and rewarding work environment. We pride ourselves in creating an inclusive and respectful work culture that engages our employees. Here you will develop, you will be challenged and you will contribute to building a legacy. Come talk to us about your future at Foremost!
How to Apply
Please send resumes and cover letters to:
Human Resources, Recruiter – Please reference Indeed posting details for email
When applying please quote: Pilot Driver
Deadline for submissions is: July 15, 2019
Job Type: Full-time
- Pilot Driving: 2 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)