Dogwood Ltd. has an opening for a Carpenter / Handyman.
We are looking for an individual who would love the opportunity to work on a variety of jobs from small patch repairs and maintenance work, to full renovations for renowned commercial businesses, mainly in the essential services sector.
Why work for us:
· Teamwork, communication, cooperation, diversity & inclusion
· Competitive wages
· Benefits package – extended health, dental, vision care, life insurance, critical illness, disability insurance, travel medical insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· RRSP matching
· Company van (commute straight from home to the jobsites)
· Gas card
· Paid time off (vacation & sick time)
· $50 per month phone allowance
· Annual safety boots allowance
· Annual tool allowance
· Opportunities for growth / career path – we foster learning opportunities on the job and support apprenticeship programs
· Continued education / Tuition reimbursement
- Renovations, repairs and tenant improvements for commercial clients, such as grocery stores, gas stations, pharmacies, banks, restaurants, retail, office buildings etc.
- Light framing
- Drywall repairs and painting
- Flooring installation
- T-bar ceiling installation, windows / doors installations
- Light millwork, carpentry repairs
- 5 years of experience in the construction, renovation or facilities maintenance industry
- Welding experience is an asset
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills required
- Active listener, critical thinker and able to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to interact with store or office management in a professional manner
- A criminal background check will be required to work on certain jobsites.
- Valid driver's license is required.
If this opportunity appeals to you, then please send your resume to us. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Dogwood Ltd. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. We cultivate teamwork and cooperation. If you would like to join our team, we would love to hear from you.
If you would like to receive more information about our company, please visit our website at www.dogwoodltd.ca.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$36.00 per hour
- Commuter benefits
- Company car
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Would you be able to work the occasional night/weekend shift?
- Do you live in the Lower Mainland, BC?
- renovation/facilities maintenance: 5 years (required)
- English fluently (required)
- driver's license (required)
Work Location: In person