There is currently an opportunity for a Construction Site Supervisor (Residential Mid-Rise Condos and Townhouse Subdivision) to join our team in Ayr and/or Tillsonburg Ontario.
We are a family owned and operated construction and land development company that has been in business for over 20 years and we are continuing to expand. We have 30+ development and construction projects in the GTA and across Canada.
- Being the main point of contact with overall responsibility for the construction site
- Daily coordination with Senior Site Supervisor for safe and effective execution of the project
- Working with Senior Management and Project Managers to ensure the work is done properly, on time, and on budget
- Monitoring & supervising on-site construction staff and daily trade functions: promoting and maximizing timeliness, quality of workmanship and completion of work.
- Facilitating regular meetings and/or toolbox talks with staff and trades to communicate production and safety requirements
- Conducting site walk through to ensure deficiencies are noted, Building Code is adhered to, and the purchasers Design Options and Extras are complied with
- Adhering to procedures as required by the trade Scope of Work and Valour Quality Standards communicating corrective action required to Superintendent
- Proactively assisting in problem solving when job site or construction issues occur (falling behind schedule, quality of work, etc.) while complying with policy, plans and specification
- Assisting with managing the Production Schedule and maintaining production targets and dates.
- Reinforcing the importance of adherence to the schedule (and assists where trade availability is causing difficulty), unwavering focus on Valour Capital mission, and safety and quality standards
- Scheduling, facilitating and/or attending necessary municipal inspections. Assisting Inspectors and Superintendent with the completion of the review, and rectifying issues as required
- Ensuring all work is being done in a safe manner and enforces safety standards and laws within positions scope of authority. Implementing corrective action when necessary
- Assisting with the management of maintenance of job site ensuring it is clean and aesthetically appealing while under construction
- Additional tasks as assigned
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of construction experience with a minimum of 2 years of site supervision experience preferred
- Post-secondary education in a related field (e.g. Construction Engineering Technology, Architecture) or equivalent experience, as asset
- Knowledge of Ontario Building Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and other health and safety regulations
- Knowledge of construction processes
- Clear understanding of contracts, plans, and specifications, as well as construction methods, materials and regulations. Includes knowledge of all trades, staff responsibilities, scheduling and scopes of work
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Knowledge of MS Office software, including MS Project an asset
- Must be detailed and thorough
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required, both oral and written. Willing to take responsibility and be held accountable for results including communicating issues as they arise
- Skills in building relationships with a broad network of contacts, including trade partners and suppliers and a strong customer focus
- Valid Class G driver’s license with the ability to travel as required to various job sites
Valour Capital Inc and Pro Funds Mortgages, welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- construction: 5 years (Preferred)
- construction site supervision: 2 years (Preferred)
- G (Required)
- English (Required)