Reporting directly to the Controller, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for maintaining accounting and financial reporting processes of FIGR. Primary responsibilities will include collecting, recording, analyzing and reporting on financial data.
- Analyze financial data of the organization and project future revenues and expenditures in compared to budgets and ongoing projects.
- Perform analysis on quarterly and monthly financial and operational metrics for all divisions.
- Prepare various weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reports.
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts, and report accordingly to the Controller.
- Provide ad‐hoc financial and operational analysis to support business decisions.
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly reports to meet CRA excise tax and Health Canada requirements.
- Preparation of documentation and communication with internal and external auditors during quarter end reviews and year end audits.
- Improve upon existing, and implement new, reporting as requested by management.
- Contribute to preparation and execution of business presentations for all levels of management.
- Participate in the month‐end financial close process by preparing necessary reconciliations and month end adjustments.
- Lead in the preparation of the annual operating plan and budgeting process.
- Manage and monitor various contracts in relation to the expansion project.
- Support the bookkeeper on accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll functions.
- **Other duties as required.
- Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or Economics required.
- Professional Accounting or Finance designation preferred.
- 2‐5 years of experience in financial management and accounting.
- Proficiency in an accounting software is considered a strong asset.
- Experience working in an ERP Software considered an asset.
- High‐level of proficiency in Excel required.
- Strong attention to detail with a demonstrated ability to make effective strategic decisions.
- The ability to work independently, take initiative and be flexible.
- Be personable, and operate with a high degree of integrity, transparency and professional values.
- A criminal record check will be required to be completed by the successful candidate.
We are working in a rapidly evolving industry and we are growing quickly, therefore this team member must be flexible and be willing to help in other areas as needed. The ability to learn quickly and react to change is viewed as a very strong asset.
Salary and Benefits:
- Wage: Dependent on experience
- Hours: Full Time Permanent position
The successful candidate will be entitled to join our medical benefit plan, as well as a set number of vacation and sick days annually. More information on the medical benefits plan can be provided during the interview process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent