Location: Logan Lake, British Columbia, CA
Closing Date: October 2, 2023
Reporting to the Management Accountant, the Junior Accounting Analyst is responsible for providing financial accounting and administrative support to the finance team at our Highland Valley Copper mine. Based on your experience you could be working directly with our General Accounting, Payroll, or Accounts Payable teams.
To be successful in this role we are looking for someone with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. Someone who can work independently as well as work well with a team, and professionally manage confidential material. You are organized, have strong attention to detail, and are able to prioritize contending demands in a fast paced environment.
This opportunity comes with an attractive benefits package and hourly rate of pay as reflected in the Collective Agreement, which is commensurate with experience and education. You will be a key contributor to our Finance team and their success.
Join us in the Highland Valley and enjoy a variety of recreational opportunities at your fingertips. Whether you enjoy biking and skiing, or prefer the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! The mine site is a 50-minute drive from Kamloops, B.C. which provides all the comforts of city living. It is also close to Merritt, Ashcroft, and Logan Lake, which all exude a small-town community atmosphere.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Complete financial reporting and general accounting support
- Contribute to full cycle Accounts Payable and or;
- Complete full cycle Payroll as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- First year level accounting or business courses, or completion of courses through the Canadian Payroll Association, including financial accounting
- Minimum three years demonstrated ability in accounting or payroll, preferably in an industrial environment
- Minimum typing speed of 40 wpm, per the requirements of our Collective Agreement
- Excellent digital literacy and proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite; particularly Excel
- Valid driver’s license
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.comor follow @TeckResources.
Job Segment: Coal Mining, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Administrative Assistant, Mining, Finance, Administrative
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Work Location: In person