Quinte Health Care (QHC), located in south/central Ontario, is an integrated system of hospitals working with our partners to provide exceptional care. Our four hospitals: Belleville General Hospital, Trenton Memorial Hospital, Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital and North Hastings Hospital, offer high-quality, comprehensive health services to nearly 200,000 people throughout the region.
With fantastic restaurants, a thriving arts and culture scene, and more than 40 wineries, the Quinte region is an excellent place to live. The array of parks, picturesque beaches, golf courses, and waterfront trails, provide plenty of opportunity for outdoor adventure. This dynamic, growing community offers affordable housing in both urban and rural settings and is an easy commute to larger centres such as Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal. Visit www.bayofquinte.ca to learn more about the region.
QHC’s vision is to provide exceptional and compassionate care and to be valued by our communities and inspired by the people we serve. We strive to enhance the quality and safety of care, create an exceptional safety experience, provide effective care transitions, and be an exceptional workplace. In applying to any of our careers, all candidates will promote a safe environment by informing their manager of any relevant issues related to patients, families or staff and maintain a focus on patient and staff safety in all aspects of duties performed.
The Crisis Counselor, as a member of a multi-disciplinary Crisis Intervention team providing out-patient Mental Health Services, will respond to crisis calls, and offer emergency mental health intervention including assessments, referrals, short term crisis resolution and/or simply provide information to adults 16 years of age and older.
- Current Certificate of Registration, in good standing, in the appropriate regulated health professions college of Ontario, (OCSWSSW- Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or the CRPO- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario).
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Masters of Arts in Counselling Psychology, Masters Level Counselling and Psychotherapy, or equivalent, with at least one year of clinical experience.
- At least one-year recent related experience in brief counselling or related area.
- Experience in conducting psychosocial assessment, de-escalation and brief psychosocial interventions.
- Crisis response, mental health assessments, interventions and consultations (including Emergency Room), for adults, couples, families and groups.
- Develop appropriate short-term treatment plans to meet client(s) needs.
- Provide & receive consultation to the multidisciplinary team, peer supervision meetings, client families, physicians, agencies and police services.
- Keep current on all aspects of social service agencies & community mental health programs.
- Participate in Departmental CI on a continuous basis.
- Must be available to work shifts, weekends and holidays and provide on call telephone response.
- Must be available for call-in on short notice.
- Must have reliable transportation as this is multi-site
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all interested candidates for their response, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Our Recruitment process follows the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to provide a fair and equitable process for all candidates. Applicants requiring accommodation through the recruitment/interview process are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department at 613-969-7400 x2577 for assistance.
Physical Demands Analysis
- Required Occasionally – lifting and carrying average weight 20 pounds and max 50, pushing/pulling average 10-15 pounds and max 30 pounds, patient assist approx. 100 pounds
- Required Constantly – standing
- Required Frequently – walking, bending/stooping, sitting
- Required Occasionally – twisting/turning, bending, crouching/squatting, kneeling
- Required Rarely – balancing, climbing
- Required Frequently – forward shoulder movements, gripping/grasping, pinching, neck, elbow, shoulder, wrist and back normal range of motion
- Required Occasionally – fine finger movements, shoulder movements (up/down)
- Required Rarely – foot action