Company Profile: Acuva Technologies is a fast-growing water purification technology company located in Vancouver, BC. Our mission is to provide clean drinking water for the 1.8 billion people worldwide whose water source is microbial contaminated, and we are doing this by developing the next generation of water purifiers, operating with cutting-edge UV-LED technology. Our vision is to transform the water purification industry for drinking water applications by launching disruptive technologies and products and enabling new applications.
Over the past year we were the recipients of the BCIC Ignite Award by the BC Innovation Council, recognized as the Best Presenting Company for Sustainable Technology at the Banff Venture Forum and honoured to be added to the Cleantech Emerging Rocket list by Rocket Builders.
Acuva is looking for a High Energy Executive & Accounting Assistant to partner with our CEO and provide support to our growing team. The role requires an individual with great attention-to-detail, organizational skills, and experience supporting C-level executives. The successful candidate cares about the business and is committed to both company and personal growth.
The Executive & Accounting Assistant is a dedicated team player, capable of completing a broad range of executive assistant, accounting, and administrative tasks, while continuously expanding knowledge, remaining flexible, resourceful, and efficient. The successful candidate is comfortable managing ever-changing priorities and proactive in accepting responsibilities. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly, react with appropriate urgency, take effective action to complete tasks and projects from a cost/efficiency perspective, without having to know the total picture. This role is suitable for an innovative, proactive problem solver with positive and cheerful personality.
Applicants should be interested in working in a small, start-up style environment. If you are willing to pitch in and support an all-hands on deck team and are looking to grow with an exciting Cleantech company, this hybrid role is for you! Working at Acuva will be rewarding, it will be challenging, and it will most definitely not be just another job. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage and coordinate with the CEO in planning meetings, events, activities, manage information of a sensitive and confidential nature, ensure administrative needs of the CEO are met.
- Collaborate extensively across multiple departments and levels, assist in tracking and helping drive completion of key deliverables, following up on outstanding items, ensuring alignment to plans and business outcomes are achieved.
- Ready to support miscellaneous administrative and accounting tasks and projects at any given time, provide various technical support and assistance to all team members.
- Extensive calendar management including scheduling/rescheduling regular and ad hoc business meetings, video and conference calls, and managing meeting resources.
- Manage the company travel program, arrange and finalize travel itineraries in coordination with our travel agent for the CEO, and other team members as required.
- Vacation tracking, coordinating with ADP, processing payroll changes, benefits administration.
- Process company credit cards expenses including monthly reconciliations, assist with accounting duties including data entry, provide accounts payable and receivable support.
- Assist in preparing documents and tracking information related to corporate and legal matters, maintain corporate and accounting files, both electronic and paper records.
- Keep job postings up-to-date, assist in the preparation of new hire paperwork and offer letters, and onboarding activities.
- Support team engagement programs and social event initiatives.
- Assist with general office duties including maintenance of office area, ordering office supplies, facility and building management, and phone coverage.
Education & Experience:
- Business related degree or diploma with minimum 4+ years of progressive experience in business administration and accounting capacities.
- Experience in an Executive or Administrative Assistant capacity required.
- Accounting and/or bookkeeping experience with strong knowledge of QuickBooks or comparable software and MS Office, ERP knowledge a plus.
- Experience with ADP an asset.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, start-up environment, Cleantech and/or manufacturing background highly desirable.
- Aggressive, self-starter, results oriented out of the box thinker.
- Positive approach, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to balance multiple, competing priorities and deadlines, and prioritize heavy workloads.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, time management, team building, and leadership skills.
- Above average IT/computer skills a plus.
Salary and Benefits:
- Working in an exciting Cleantech environment with state-of-the-art technology.
- Competitive base salary.
- Extended health benefits.
- Stock Options.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter to us. Acuva Technologies would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Acuva Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about Acuva please visit www.acuvatech.com
Job Type: Full-time