*Relocation to Manitoba required* - Resumes submitted through Indeed are NOT monitored. Please apply directly through the Manitoba Hydro Careers Website.
Manitoba Hydro has been consistently recognized as one of Manitoba's Top Employers!
Why? Great Benefits
- Three weeks of accrued paid vacation after the first year, working toward a maximum of seven weeks paid vacation
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Pension and working conditions that provide for a balanced approach to work, family life and community
- Nine day work cycle which normally provides every other Monday off
Manitoba Hydro is a leader among energy companies in North America, recognized for providing highly reliable service and exceptional customer satisfaction. Join our team of Manitoba's best as we continue to build a company that supports innovation, commitment and customer service.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Diesel Technician to be part of our Transmission Stations Operations& Maintenance team in Thompson Manitoba.This is a permanent position with full time hours. You will be responsible for the installation, commissioning, servicing and the repair of diesel generators and associated equipment used to generate electrical energy for critical services throughout the Province of Manitoba.
- Plan and organize the installation, inspection, overhaul, commissioning and maintenance of Diesel Generators and associated equipment and the maintenance of standby generators for emergency power and microwave standby diesel sets.
- Train and provide guidance to junior personnel in all phases of the work as well as Diesel Station Operators in isolated communities in the proper operation and maintenance of Diesel Generators and associated equipment.
- Operate Diesel Generating Stations under emergency conditions.
- Comply fully with all safety procedures and regulations as well as Corporate, Legislative and regulatory environmental requirements.
- Assist in the handling of fuel oil, lube oil and other supplies for Diesel Stations, including spill response and clean up.
- Fabricate and shape parts, etc., using special precision tools. May be required to perform welding.
- Required to operate motor boats, snowmobiles, ATV's and skid steer loader at remote Diesel Stations.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent with a minimum of the following specific credits: Mathematics 40S (Applied or
- Pre-Calculus); Physics 40S; and English 40G. Equivalent academic qualifications may require validation by the Department of Education or Manitoba Labour & Immigration.
- Interprovincial Certificate as a Heavy Duty Equipment Technician or as a Truck and Transport Mechanic, with a minimum of two years' related diesel generation experience.
- Required to have the demonstrated mechanical aptitude, and be physically capable of performing the duties of the position including lifting heavy loads, working at heights and in adverse weather conditions.
- Possess or be able to obtain an ATV/Snowmobile Operators Permit, with the ability to become certified to operate various other classes of equipment as required.
- Possess a certificate for Handling and Transportation of Dangerous Goods, surface and air (I.A.T.A.).
- Proficient with the use of personal computers including standard Microsoft software applications, hand held calculators and general office equipment.
- Familiar with and adhere to Federal & Provincial regulations and practices related to WHMIS, TDG, IATA, Working Alone, Confined Space, Fall Restraint.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Will possess or be willing to acquire an approved set of personal hand tools.
- Possess and maintain a valid Province of Manitoba Driver's Licence with appropriate class
- Will be required to travel by all modes of transportation (air, land or water) and work at remote diesel sites (Brochet, Lac Brochet, Tadoule and Shamattawa) from Monday to Friday.
- Will also be required to work for extended periods at these locations during winter fuel haul and engine overhauls.
Visit www.hydro.mb.ca/careers to learn more about this position and to apply online. The deadline for applications is June 7, 2019, 2019. We thank you for your interest and will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
Available in accessible formats upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
- Diesel Technician: 1 year (Preferred)