During the Covid19 Outbreak the need to Care is greater than ever. We value the courage and dedication of PSWs and work to ensure your safety at all times.
During Covid19, unvaccinated TLC staff are restricted to one facility to reduce the risk to either staff or client.
About TLC - We are not a temporary staffing agency. We build lasting relationships with our clients to ensure quality care for our communities and stability for our employees.
Full or Part-time for clients in Bracebridge, Ontario, Canada
About the Personal Support Worker Position
We are looking for a qualified Personal Support Worker to care for our Long-Term Care Facility clients in a professional and compassionate manner. It’s often a demanding job but it can also be very gratifying. People who are ill, injured, disabled or elderly are deserving and thankful for the exceptional support.
The ideal candidate will be dependable and courteous with outstanding communication skills. You should be able to follow instructions and perform a variety of tasks to help clients.
- Follow policy and procedures of Long-Term Care residence to provide personal care and support to residents.
- Help clients take prescribed medication
- Assist clients with ambulation and mobility
- Assist clients with personal care and hygiene
- Be a pleasant and supportive companion
- Report any unusual incidents
- Act quickly and responsibly in cases of emergency
- PSW Certificate recognized by the Province of Ontario (or completion of 1st year RPN course)
- Proven experience as a Personal Support Worker
- Excellent knowledge of emergency response and first aid (CPR)
- Knowledge of Long Term Care Residence policies and procedures
- Willingness to adhere to health and safety standards
- Respectful and compassionate
- Good time management skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ethics
- Physical endurance
- Long Term Care facility experience
Expected Start Date: 2021-06-01
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $22.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Facility partners have Covid Infection Protocols in place. All candidates require a Covid test before the first shift.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bracebridge, ON (preferred)
- Personal Support Care in LTC: 1 year (preferred)
- Ontario PSW Certificate (preferred)
- Drivers License (preferred)