Looking for a dynamic individual with an eye for detail and high service level standards to join the construction team on a 6-12 month contract basis.
This position is responsible to assist the construction department to build homes on schedule and of the highest possible quality. This position is the point person to our valued customers and homeowners and will provide the highest quality customer care in pre-occupancy and after occupancy of their units. There integral administrative duties within the construction department that are required to maintain efficiency and be on schedule and on budget.
- Provide superior customer service on Pre-Delivery Inspection (“PDI”).
- Provide assistance and completing repairs and/or touch-ups to units at PDI or on-going customer warranty work.
- Provide customer care work painting, caulking, drywall, etc.
- Arrange meetings with owners for PDI and walk-through suites.
- Meet with trades to arrange deficiency repairs, make changes/corrections as required.
- Coordinate with homeowners and trades to ensure requested work is completed as per specifications.
- Arrange meetings with homeowners at their convenience bearing in mind that your hours of work may vary and extending to some p.m. hours as required.
- Must have valid driver’s license, as it is required to drive from project-to-project.
- Perform other customer care/construction department duties as may be directed by the VP of Construction and/or VP of Development and Senior Management team.
- Record service requests information and forward to the appropriate person for implementation.
- Maintain a filing system for control of all customer lists, warranty calls, quality control lists, correspondence, and work orders by homeowners per project.
- Follow up with warranty managers and representatives to confirm warranty action or customer contracts.
- Keep a detailed telephone log of all warranty calls and customer details/calls.
- Coordinate repairs with homeowners, staff and/or trades person(s).
- Conduct professional and ethical representation to customers and employees.
- Ensure the highest quality in our product and act as the quality control in new construction projects.
- Call arrange and schedule trades people to correct deficiencies.
- Assist in completing Strata audits.
- Other duties as required.
- Education: High School Diploma with a degree or diploma with an industry related focus
- Experience: 3 + year in customer service in a similar industry, construction experience an asset
- Valid Driver’s License; must be able to provide a clean driver’s abstract
- Previous construction and/or customer service, or project management experience an asset
- Customer service focused with a talent for problem solving
- Must be punctual and reliable with a strong work ethic
- Able to work independently and make quick decisions using sound judgment
- Must have a strong attention for detail and be very organized
- Computer Skills: Strong understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Construction or similar: 3 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 3 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Driver's Licence (Preferred)