Bloom Cultivation is a licensed producer located in Calgary, Alberta. We choose to cultivate small-batch, craft cannabis to deliver a high-end, dried flower product of exceptional quality. We work as a collective and are proud to grow in a world-class indoor hydroponic facility.
ART: There is an artistry to the way we grow. It is an expression of who we are – through creation. We strive to create a high-end, dried cannabis flower every time. This process takes dedication, practice, and refinement. We are proud to share our art, our craft with the community.
SCIENCE: Our respect and love for science guide our decisions. We closely monitor our plants’ environment and systematically collect data, hypothesize, experiment, and analyze information. Science helps us continuously grow and evolve our processes.
HEART: We put our heart and soul into everything we do. We are driven by passion, integrity and compassion for our plants, our people and our community. Nurturing and raising plants remind us that we are touching lives. It’s important we do the right thing even when no one is looking because we care.
COLLECTIVE: What sets us apart is our people. We embrace diversity and bring together matter-experts to work closely as a team.
HUMILITY: As experts, we are confident yet humble. We recognize there will always be someone, somewhere with more knowledge and we believe there is no ceiling to learning. That’s why we are open to learning as a collective, from each other and from industry experts.
Bloom Cultivation is looking for a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our team! This role will work closely with Bloom Cultivation’s harvest team to assist in maintaining high quality production practices throughout day-to-day maintenance of the grow operation. This position is well-rounded in that it offers training and practice in sanitization, harvesting, and cannabis grow processes. This high-volume position requires the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines and priorities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The selected candidate will be surrounded by a strong team with solid support and guidance for the following objectives:
- Perform duties efficiently as per Bloom’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Form’s and Work Instructions (WI’s)
- Understand and implement protocols outlined in Bloom’s Quality Management System (QMS)
- Strictly adhere to hygiene and sanitization policies as set by Bloom Cultivation Ltd. and Health Canada
- Directly report to Harvest Lead/Supervisor and work in a team atmosphere
- Execute Pre-/Post Harvest activities including removing leaves from live plants, trimming cannabis flowers, cleaning and sanitizing all pre/-post harvest equipment, supplies and harvested rooms
- Operate an automated trimming machine, if necessary
- Transport of pre and post-processed cannabis between production environments in a sanitary fashion
- Sufficiently clean and sanitize all equipment, supplies and rooms post-harvest
- Perform duties in rooms that are subject to extreme temperature conditions
- Cleaning and Sanitizing of general production areas
- Take on duties as required and assist other departments when necessary
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have a minimum of 1-year labour experience
- Must have a minimum of 1-year experience working within a collaborative team environment
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A team player that is self-motivated, collaborative, proactive and embodies the cannabis culture
- Thrive within a fast-paced environment under high pressure and expectations to meet assigned deadlines
- Highly organized, efficient and possess strong attention to detail
- Willingness to perform repetitive tasks
- Intimate knowledge of plant growing techniques, plant disease and pest recognition
- Manufacturing and/or Pharmaceutical production
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and Good Production Practices (GPP) protocols
- Physically fit to work standing/kneeling/reaching for extended periods of time and able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Coachable and able to follow verbal and written instructions to complete forms and documents as required under federal, provincial and internal regulations
- Able to undergo and pass a criminal record check and all security requirements. Qualification documents are required to be submitted upon request
- Must be passionate about cannabis and 18+ years of age
HOW TO APPLY:
If this position sounds like the right fit and opportunity for you, please submit your cover letter and resume to Wanda Ho Wardell at hr @bloom.ca with “Harvest Technician” in the subject line. Your cover letter should address the following qualification questions:
- Would you successfully pass a criminal background check and other security-related requirements?
- If any, what previous cannabis industry experience do you have? Provide references.
- Why do you want to work for Bloom Cultivation?
We are an equal opportunity employer and adhere to fair employment practices.
Job Type: Part-time
- Labour: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- English (Required)