Reporting to the Operations Lead at SKYFOLD, the Inventory and Cost Supervisor is responsible for SKYFOLD Inventory management activities. This includes pushing to reach higher levels of efficiency while maintaining accurate inventories as well as low production cost while SKYFOLD grows profitably and continues to exceed customer expectations for quality and lead-time.
- Develop, implement, and maintain inventory control procedures and protocols to maintain accurate financial information.
- Work on MRP and system performance issues that may affect inventory accuracy in the short term and develop Systems Requirements (Roadmap) and implementation plans for the long term
- Monitor inventory levels closely and work on integrity of data in the system as well as any issues that may become apparent, maintain optimum inventory levels while providing effective service, review and analyze inventory adjustments
- Provide support to production on all material flow issues to meet production schedules and customer requirements. Analyze manufacturing variances, perform work orders cost analysis
- Bridge the production information and the accounting information requirements.
- Perform roll – up material costs for all Business Units periodically, make sure inventory items costs are reflected properly as per costing method, resolve any related issues
- Support the Procurement team to develop tools and provide necessary explanations for good inventory management
- Conduct an analytical review of gaps, find sources, identify issues and present the information to managers
- PIPO of inventory items process development
- Monitor scrap, waste and obsolescence and provide suggestions for improving
- Responsible for the review and update of inventory replenishment settings, final items creation/changing approval
- Build and analyze various inventory reports: Slow moving/Obsolete inventory, Stock status, Inventory adjustments, etc. manage non-moving and surplus inventory, Inventory aging
- Organize periodical inventory counts and audits, provide trainings, and analyze post count inventory data
- Setup cycle counts and work with Inventory Control Foreman and Inventory Clerk to investigate inventory discrepancies.
- Implement, monitor and report inventory KPIs
- Participate in standard procedures development and continuous improvement processes
- Supervise and manage Inventory clerks
- Report to upper management regularly and provide recommendations for better inventory control
Training and experience:
- Post-secondary degree in business administration, management, operations management or any relevant field
- Minimum experience of three (3) years in manufacturing and inventory control
- Advanced in Microsoft Office (Excel) and ERP/MRP systems
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well-organized and able to handle multiple priorities
- Good team spirit and communication skills
- Bilingual French and English
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $75,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Do you have a Post-secondary degree in business administration, management, operations management or any relevant field?
- Do you have advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel) and ERP/MRP systems?
- manufacturing and inventory control: 3 years (preferred)