Job title :
CONTACT TRACER AIDE
INVERMERE HEALTH CENTRE
PROJECT POSITION PART TIME (0.61 FTE)
Interior Health is looking for a reliable and flexible Temporary Part TimeContact Tracer Aide to join their team in Invermere B.C.!
In accordance with the vision and values of the organization and under the supervision of the Manager (or designate), the Contact Tracer Aide performs work in support of COVID-19 contact tracing by contacting individuals via telephone, text, Skype, and Zoom, following established scripts, guidelines, decision making tools, policies and procedures.
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
- A copy of your High School Diploma
- Your Resume;
- A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position.
This position performs reception, administrative support such as:
Hours of work:
- Contacts COVID-19 infected individuals by telephone to collect all available information regarding contact for a specific period of time, in accordance with established procedures and algorithms for appropriate client populations
- Informs named contacts by telephone that they have been exposed to someone with positive COVID-19 results and what action is recommended according to algorithms, and ensures that confidentiality is maintained at all times. Refers more complex issues to the assigned clinical staff for follow up, as required.
- Communicates with assigned contacts, administers a questionnaire for symptoms, provides information regarding testing, and provides instructions for isolation, in accordance with established algorithms.
- Communicates negative test results to patients and provides information about basic infection control practices to prevent any potential future transmission of disease, in accordance with established guidelines.
- Provides routine information regarding resources available in the community, using approved script or resource list, as required.
- Performs general word-processing and data entry functions such as inputting client information.
- Maintains individual records and necessary documentation according to the policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Rotating Days (including weekends) from 08:30 to 16:30. This position is anticipated to end on March 31, 2022.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training and Experience:
Grade 12, plus six (6) months’ recent, related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
Effective interpersonal skills and ability to deal with others in challenging situations
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
Ability to operate related equipment
Ability to organize and prioritize
Knowledge of Business English
Knowledge of general office procedures
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor