Avcorp Structures & Integrations supplies major airframe structures to aircraft manufacturers and their suppliers. Its capabilities include product design, tool design, parts fabrication, integration and assembly, all of which are governed by strong program management. Located at Avcorp’s Headquarters in Delta BC, the site has an exceptional track record of strong operational performance, meeting delivery and quality targets. Utilizing strong process orientation and over 60 years of experience, the focus is on the customer to deliver the aero structure solutions they need. Primary capabilities include assembly & kitting, surface treatment and metal bonding. The Avcorp Group, is a Canadian public company traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX.“AVP”). More information is available at www.avcorp.com
Avcorp Structures & Integration currently has an opportunity for an experienced Shipping/Receiving Supervisor. Reporting to the Procurement Manager, this incumbent will be responsible for supervising union employees, planning and assigning work, implementing policies and procedures and recommending improvements in processes, procedures and working conditions.
- Responsible to manage material handlers in the Shipping and Receiving department that confirm and record receipt of shipments, prepare items for shipping, and load and unload trucks to ensure shipping and delivery requirements are met.
- Responsible to manage inspectors in Receiving Inspection that approve or reject products from suppliers while striving to meet company objectives related to on-time targets to get parts to Stores.
- Responsible to manage inter-departmental transport of materials from dock to stock and from stock to dock.
- Responsible to manage priorities in Shipping/Receiving and Receiving Inspection that support production schedule requirements.
- The Shipping and Receiving Supervisor has the authority for personnel actions and oversees day-to-day operations of Shipping/Receiving and Receiving Inspection groups.
- Supports freight carrier consolidation efforts to reduce costs company wide
- Contributes to the development of processes and procedures
- Collaborate with supply chain to track shortages and provide daily status updates to operations
- Collaborate with production supervisors to support daily priorities and provide status
- Collaborate with supplier quality team to prevent receipt idle time
- Responsible to manage CTPAT compliance
- Accountable to provide and maintain freight, duties and brokerage to budget
- Setup and maintain a min/max level of shipping materials based on customer requirements
- Ensures effective employee relations, coaching and development
- Makes employment decisions including hiring and disciplinary action
- Provides leadership for safety, quality, costs, productivity and morale to achieve positive results
- Helps support accident investigations as required
- Tracks absenteeism and time-keeping
- Maintaining responsible areas for 5S compliance
Specific skills, knowledge, experience & education
- Shipping and Receiving Supervisor should have at least 3 years of Shipping and Receiving experience and thorough knowledge of the functional area(s).
- Experience in managing multiple union employees
- Demonstrated leadership competency
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Experience with NADCAP, ISO Quality Systems and related quality systems an asset
- Experience in implementation of Lean Manufacturing, 5S and Six Sigma preferred
- Computer Skills using Excel, Microsoft Office
- Understanding of health and safety rules/regulations.
- Successful candidate must meet all requirements under CGD & ITAR and be able to work on military programs.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Avcorp offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, while fostering equal opportunity employment.
In an effort to encourage work-life balance, Avcorp staff members work a 9-day fortnight schedule, receiving every second Friday off.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care