Canyon Creek is the premium bar & grill that is obsessed with the details – because they matter. From the impeccable atmosphere, to the attentive, friendly service we take pride in our savoury signature dishes (all made from scratch), and our engaging wines and cocktails. Introduce your palate to our Lobster Guacamole, hand-crafted burgers or our Coffee Crusted Steak. With service and quality at our core, we strive on ensuring that our highest level of execution is showcased in every dish.
As a Kitchen Manager for Canyon Creek you will be responsible for the following:
- Upholding the highest standards to ensure consistency in our food quality and speed of quality service.
- Effectively managing food, waste, inventory and labour cost controls.
- Ordering product, new stock and supplies.
- Hands-on training and ongoing development for Back-of-House Team Members.
- Building and maintaining a productive partnership with the General Manager.
- Managing daily production goals and staffing needs.
- Understanding and interpreting P&L’s and other financial statements.
- Sharing accountability for all Human Resource functions (i.e. recruitment, coaching & development, performance management, discipline and terminations, etc.).
- Living and teaching our Values and Promises, and consistently keeping all promises to all Stakeholders.
- Ensuring your enthusiasm and infectious energy spill onto other staff.
- MUST be Smart Serve Certified.
- 3+ years previous kitchen management/supervisory experience in a comparable restaurant environment.
- High School diploma/GED equivalency required; College/University coursework preferred; Culinary Red Seal designation a strong asset.
- Proficient in English verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of personal computers or ability to acquire appropriate-level skill using computers and restaurant software.
- Numerical understanding, basic math skills; strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage our restaurants with a high level of attention to detail, hospitality and fun – winning mindset and enthusiastic personality.
- Previous scheduling experience an asset.
- Knowledge of provincial employment legislation.
- Possess five values that define our people:
- Hospitality. Enhancing the dignity, comfort and well-being of Our People.
- Authenticity. Being forthright, truthful and transparent with Our People.
- Quality. Working to always improve the experience of Our People.
- Fun. Bringing the spirit of laughter, celebration, sharing and joy to Our People.
- Courage. Acting with conviction in the balanced interest of Our People.
Service Inspired Restaurants® is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- kitchen management: 3 years (Required)