The Opportunity is Yours!
Pharmaceutical Company- London
Department: Production / Manufacturing
BLES Biochemicals, www.BLESbiochem.com seeks a Production Technician for our London location. BLES Biochemicals Inc., is the market leader for pulmonary surfactant in Canada, and manufactures and distributes BLES® (bovine lipid extract surfactant). BLES® is a pulmonary surfactant for use in the treatment of premature infants suffering from Neonatal Respiratory Distress Syndrome. BLES® is unique; there is no generic form of this product. BLES Biochemicals Inc. is a privately-owned Canadian-controlled pharmaceutical company.
The Production Technician will work within our manufacturing department to complete all tasks required to manufacture BLES safely and efficiently while maintaining GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices).
Specific responsibilities include:
- Participate in the purification of raw materials.
- Prepare solvents and solutions for use in the manufacturing process.
- Participate in the compounding, filling of finished product.
- Verify critical manufacturing steps executed by a second technician.
- Perform cleaning and sanitation of production areas.
- Perform daily cleaning and housekeeping in all work areas.
- Participate in the washing, drying, storage and preparation of production glassware and supplies.
- Perform equipment maintenance, calibrations, and re-qualifications.
- Maintain up to date inventory supplies.
- Complete accurate documentation while completing production tasks.
- Demonstrate a professional and positive attitude to all co-workers.
- Other duties that may arise from time to time relating to BLES manufacture.
If you have:
- A Community College Diploma or University Degree
- Experience in a sterile or cleanroom working environment
- Knowledge of GMP as they apply to the production and distribution of sterile pharmaceutical products
- Strong time management skills and the ability to meet regular production deadlines
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to share knowledge and experience with team members
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
And are willing to roll up your sleeves and take on any challenge to help this company continue to produce world class life-saving product, work with a great team, and receive a competitive compensation package, then we would like to talk to you.
Please reply in confidence with a cover letter to our HR Specialist, Jenny Mellor.
BLES Biochemicals welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.25 /hour
- London, ON (Preferred)