The Driver is responsible for the customer service experience as it is provided to contractors, builders and customers during the delivery of purchased products and services. The Driver must have the ability to effectively communicate to customers and coworkers, ensuring timely deliveries as scheduled. The Driver is expected to understand and adhere to all Health and Safety guidelines to ensure the safety of themselves and all those involved.
What we offer:
- FT employees receive benefits after probationary period
- Discretionary bonus program
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan
- Limited hours, no evenings or Sundays
- Hourly pay plus possibility of additional hazard pay during COVID-19 Pandemic (as approved)
- Employee personal and professional development
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discount from day 1
- Draws regularly for sporting and theatre events
- Diverse culture and family values
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets company standards for customer service through meeting the delivery expectations of the customer; delivering all product as scheduled, in good condition and rectifying variances as they occur.
- Supports the business by proactively organizing routes and delivery schedules to ensure efficient and timely service.
- Processes customer deliveries as scheduled regarding the potential for change.
- Protects and supports the business, customers and fellow bystanders adhering to all Company policies, procedures and legal requirements.
- Completes circle checks and daily logs.
- Exercises proper loading and dumping techniques as per safety guidelines.
- Wears personal protective equipment.
- Maintains proper maintenance of company vehicles.
- Aware of products being transported; adjusting loading, securing and dumping techniques as required.
- Supports the business through the organization of customer invoices; obtaining signatures and returning to the Branch for sales records.
- Greets customers as they enter the yard while offering their assistance.
- Processes customer orders by locating and loading product.
- Advises customers by providing knowledge of products, their application and other
services; using resources where required.
- Maintains open communication with Yard Staff.
- Sustains yard cleanliness and required maintenance.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for any and all other duties as may be required from time to time in accordance with proper training and certification requirements.
- DZ Driving Certification with 3 years of driving experience
- Must be comfortable driving a manual transmission
- General interest in the construction industry
- Experience or knowledge with related products and services
- Load building, securing and dumping experience an asset
- Experience of construction industry an asset
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a fast pace work environment
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
PLEASE PROVIDE A COPY OF YOUR CURRENT ABSTRACT AND CVOR.
We are a family owned and operated business that has served Hamilton and the Niagara Region for over 65 years. With 11 retail and 2 manufacturing locations and over 250 employees, we still manage to maintain traditional values and continue to develop and find new ways to support our communities by providing quality services and building products, creating job opportunities and working with various community outreach programs. Our motto “Always on the Level” is as old as the company itself and we still proudly stand behind and try to live our motto with every interaction.
Turkstra Lumber has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 3 consecutive years. For more information on Turkstra and working at Turkstra check out our videos! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi34VCVqyWE
Turkstra Lumber is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- DZ driving: 3 years (Required)