Temporary Casual Contract (until December 31, 2021)
Various Sites (Brampton, Mississauga & Halton)
Position Summary: Reporting to the Site Supervisor, the Healthcare Screener will be responsible for screening all individuals entering a designated entrance for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 as well as risk based on travel history or exposure to the virus.
- Responsible for screening individuals at a designated site entrance; this includes asking screening questions and taking temperatures;
- Following the strict Public Health screening guidelines provided by ErinoakKids Health & Safety/Infection Control protocol;
- Recording information on the screening questionnaire provided;
- Responsible for keeping accurate and up to date information on all visitors screened through their entrance;
- Ensure all individuals follow appropriate precautionary measures and wear appropriate personal protective equipment where required;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum high school diploma required;
- Previous customer service experience;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong decision making skills;
- Able to manage potentially challenging situations with diplomacy and tact;
- Willingness to wear required personal protective equipment for their assigned shift;
- Physically capable of performing the duties of the position - able to stand for long periods of time as required, bending, and turning as required;
- Bilingualism in French and English is an asset.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check.
We will make accommodations as provided for pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants who require accommodations for disabilities or other specific grounds need to make their needs known in advance to Human Resources.
ErinoakKids is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Casual