Hull & Hull LLP, a boutique estate litigation law firm located in downtown Toronto is looking to add to our office team. Our culture is one of collaboration, respect, and excellence. We pride ourselves on having standout talent and delivering an exceptional client experience.
We are seeking an exceptional Litigation Assistant to join our team.
Purpose of the Role
You will be a key member of the legal team working to provide the highest level of client service while having the opportunity to cultivate your skills as part of a successful team.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 2 years’ experience in litigation, possesses a Legal Assistant or Law Clerk Diploma (or equivalent) and has a solid knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure. Knowledge of Consent and Capacity Legislation and Ontario Estates Statues would be an asset.
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, possess good time-management and organization skills as well as mind-set of continuous improvement, and must be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills—both written and oral, as well as good interpersonal skills to enable effective interaction within a law firm environment.
Strong computer skills including MS Office: Word, Outlook and Excel are essential
- Liaise with clients and lawyers; taking information and carrying out instructions;
- Deal with complex and sensitive client issues;
- Prepare all court documentation;
- Assist with file management and organization and maintenance of comprehensive legal files including preparing correspondence, assisting with record-keeping, time-management and other tasks related to the ongoing administration of legal files;
- Assist with all matters concerning guardianships, will challenges and interpretations, power of attorney issues and disputes, passing of accounts, variations of trust and dependent relief applications.
This position requires a candidate who is a self-starter with a keen attention to detail and the ability to hold matters in strict confidence.
Hull & Hull LLP welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities, and cultures. It is important to our firm that all its members, including those with disabilities, find our workplace to be welcoming and supportive. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume by email referencing the above job title to Human Resources. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. However, please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $50,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- litigation assistant: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person