Coordinates and manages the Plant’s various Environmental, Health & Safety practices and programs designed to safeguard all employees in a working environment which is conducive to their physical well-being. Maintains compliance with Federal, Provincial and local Environmental, Health & Safety regulations and Adient EHS & AMS programs and procedures.
- Directs an active safety program and is co-chair of the Joint Health & Safety Committee. Analyzes all accidents for unsafe acts or conditions; initiates action to eliminate the causes of accidents. Maintains/oversees records of all Health and Safety incidents.
- Identifies and facilitates health and safety training in accordance with the collective agreement, legislation, and based on operational needs.
- Maintains harmonious relations between employees and management.
- Supervise security of employees and procedures to provide adequate protection for all facilities, employees and equipment. Supervises/directs other departmental employees as required.
- Responsible with the implementation and monitoring of safety plans, policies and procedures, while ensuring compliance with corporate regulations and standards, as well as all laws governing workplace environmental, health & safety.
- Provide daily support to managers and employees on matters relating to safety, health, and the environment.
- Manages systems and conducts annual management reviews of Environmental management practices and pollution control equipment to ensure compliance with permits, regulations and corporate requirements.
- Upholds and enforces establishes plant rules
- Liaise with government representatives from MOE, MOL, Transport Canada and serves as management’s representative in the event of inquiries and inspections.
- Perform new hire orientation and employee safety training (respiratory, fall protection, confined space, lockout, safety management, emergency and evacuation program, etc.).
- Ensures all EHS visual management communication areas are maintained accurately and timely.
- Maintains awareness and knowledge of changes to Federal, Provincial and local Environmental, Health & Safety regulations.
- Responsible for applying corrective and preventative action when EHS system discrepancies are detected, thus reducing deficiencies and minimizing citations for non-compliance in the event of an inspection.
- Provides first aid treatment of on the job illness or injury.
- Maintains first aid treatment records and reports.
- Manage and coordinate emergency drill programs.
- Investigates and ensures root causes and corrective actions relating to safety incidents or accidents are appropriate.
- Develop content and lead training for employees and managers on related health and safety topics.
- Oversee health and safety administrative functions, including training matrix and third-party auditing sites.
- Post-secondary education with certification in Environmental, Health & Safety
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Environmental, Health & Safety coordinator role
- An in-depth understanding of Health & Safety principles and practices as they apply to manufacturing environments
- Solid knowledge of related Occupational Health & Safety Acts, Workers Compensation Act, Disability Management, and Return to Work programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational planning, problem solving, teamwork and presentations skills
- Strong communication skills and attention to details
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision
- First aid and CPR certification
Job Type: Full-time
- Environmental: 2 years (Required)
- CPR Certification (Required)
- First Aid Certification (Required)