Application Link - https://telusinternational.avature.net/careers/Pipelinedetails?pipelineId=5887&source=Indeed&tags=canada
Be a part of a transformational journey with innovative talent and leading edge technologies.
Join our team
Google Cloud technology is the future, empowering millions of organizations and businesses to lead, innovate and grow. If you are interested in working with this leading-edge technology while providing best in class technical customer support, consider this great opportunity at TELUS.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
We are looking for Big Data - Cloud Support specialists who will provide excellent technical customer service support for Google Cloud Platform products and solutions including Big Data and related services. Working in a blended call center environment, you will provide real-time technical assistance over the phone and via online communications based on client requirements as part of a global 24x7 support organization. This role will also work closely with engineers and product managers to improve the product and make our customers successful.
- Provide technical and developer support to customers using Cloud Platform products, solutions and APIs
- Identify and document product bugs and feature requests and work with internal support teams and customers to implement effective solutions
- Ability to reproduce customer issues in order to efficiently provide a holistic fix
- Work closely with internal support teams to improve Cloud Platform products at a senior level
- Provide assistance and guidance to users through public forums (third party and Google-owned)
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Firm understanding of programming (Java, Python). Only one language needed.
- Demonstrate comprehensive troubleshooting tactics
- Resourcefulness and strong research skills
- Significant abilities in reading, understanding and writing code samples to replicate customer issues, as well as reading and understanding logs and stack traces
- Strong knowledge of SQL (any dialect)
- Must have proficient Oral and Written English language and good communication skills.
- Firm understanding of programming (Java, Python, golang) and scripting languages (Python/PHP). All four languages.
- Experience with distributed data stores (HBase, Cassandra, Riak, Google Bigtable, Amazon Dynamo DB, etc.) and/or distributed message brokers (Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Google Pub/Sub, Amazon Kinesis, etc.)
- Familiarity with parallel/distributed computing (NoSQL, MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
- Experience with Big Data architectures and technologies (more than 1TB of data) and BI solutions
- Experience with distributed computing frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Storm, Samza, Beam, Google Big Query, etc.)
- Experience with any ML library (scikit-learn, pytorch, tensorflow, Spark mllib) or basic understanding of ML concepts
- Familiar with web protocols (HTTP, TLS/SSL, etc.)
- Experience with PaaS, and IaaS technologies
- Experience in technical support: familiarity with case prioritization, SLA compliance, and quality
- Experience in deploying and managing distributed systems and clusters
- Familiarity with modern API technologies (OAuth, HTTP RPCs, REST)
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry-specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Montréal, QC (Preferred)