Pace Group Communications is one of British Columbia’s best known and most trusted communications and event management firms. For more than 28 years, we’ve helped public, private, government, Indigenous and not-for-profit clients tell their stories through a wide range of communications and event services.
Now, we have an opening for a new media specialist who is proficient at planning and executing social media strategy on all platforms. They must also be able to write well, successfully mine for and pitch client stories and be able to manage multiple duties at once. If you think you fit the bill, and you’d like to join our team and work for some of the highest profile organizations in the province, we’d like to hear from you.
- Assist with the development and execution of integrated communications plans and strategies that incorporate new media, media relations, marketing, paid advertising and other public relations tools
- Develop and implement organic and paid social media engagement strategies for a variety of clients and purposes
- Research and create compelling content across all communications channels, including: developing social media content; writing news releases, backgrounders, ad copy, speaking notes, newsletters and editorial content; developing marketing materials and presentations.
- Monitor social media accounts and traditional media
- Develop and maintain relationships with influencers and traditional media
- Onsite media and influencer coordination at events, including managing media-related logistics, providing social media support (live streaming, live tweeting, onsite content creation)
In addition to demonstrated experience carrying out the duties described above, the successful applicant must possess the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated proficiency with social media platforms, protocols and strategy
- University or post-secondary degree in related field
- Two to five years of communications/new media experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop an asset
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to organize and prioritize a multi-task workload
- Ability to take initiative, exercise tact and discretion
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Strong attention to detail
Must be enthusiastic, outgoing, hardworking, mature, and positive with excellent communications and interpersonal skills
Job Type: Full-time