Water Meter Administrator
(Job # 2021-046-IE)
Finance and Information Technology
Permanent, Full Time
July 22, 2021
August 5, 2021 4:30 p.m.
Number of Positions:
35 hours per week
$50,957 - $61,986 per year
Reporting to the Manager, Revenue and Taxation, the Water Meter Administrator is responsible for coordinating with
Water Billing, Public Works and Development Services to administer new and existing water meter accounts.
- Verify information from existing accounts and maintain records for water meter details
- Identify new properties occupied without water meter accounts being set up in water billing system.
- Work with Public Works and Development Services regarding new construction water meter requests, assigning
water account numbers to new properties, scheduling meter install with Contractor
- Manage work orders and submit requests to Contractor to schedule water meter repairs
- Assist with co-ordination of water shut off and curb box repairs
- Follow up on all work orders to Public Works and/or Contractor
- Administer the Neptune 360 Customer Portal
- Maintain accurate and complete records within MS Dynamics/Great Plains software
- Utilize strong customer service skills, verbal and written, when dealing with contractors, Town staff members and
members of the public
- Other administrative duties include data entry, reporting, maintaining records, etc. related to Water Billing and
Waterworks Operations. Attendance at Water Meter review meetings as required.
- Maintain administrative and technical knowledge and actively work towards continuing personal learning and
development by attending educational workshops/seminars/conferences/courses
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Maintain knowledge of and adhere to all Town of WS Policies and Procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Highly organized and detail-oriented professional
- Minimum Ontario Secondary School Diploma; Business Administration is an asset
- Municipal Tax Administration Program (MTAP) is an asset
- Two (2) years current municipal experience in a water billing environment
- Experience with MS Dynamics/Great Plains and GIS software, and knowledge of Neptune Connect/Neptune 360
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) is required
- Excellent communication, organization, problem-solving, and multi-tasking/work prioritization skills
- Problem-solving skills, discretion and good judgement when handling confidential/sensitive information; sensitivity
and ability to maintain security of files
How to apply:
- Advanced interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with municipal staff, residents, and contractors
- Availability to work overtime to accommodate peak periods and workloads
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to adhere to strict deadlines
Please forward your resume in confidence by August 5, 2021 at 4:30 p.m., identifying Job # 2021-046-IE in the subject
line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Committed to diversity and a barrier-free environment:
Whitchurch-Stouffville is an equal opportunity employer committed to an
inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and as we grow, it’s important that our workforce reflect the citizens we serve.
At the Town, we respect, encourage, and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you
require accommodation. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those applicants selected for
an interview will be contacted.