Scholars Education Centre is always looking for teachers/tutors to join our team. Please apply to this job posting if you are interested in joining our team in ANY teaching/tutoring position.
Additional employment opportunities and shifts are available at our West Springs location (722 85 Street SW).
Scholars Education Center Marda Loop is seeking a passionate and enthusiastic Part-time Math/Science Teacher to join our dynamic team. As a teacher at Scholars, you will have the opportunity to positively impact students, both personally and academically. We take pride in delivering proven results for our students. Our teachers play a key role in this journey. The successful candidate will be trained to our standards and teaching methodology.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Post-Secondary Education (or in-progress)
- Must be able to teach all elements of the math curriculum up to the grade 12 level.
- Must be able to teach all elements of at least two science subjects (biology/physics/chemistry) up to the grade 12 level.
- Previous experience working with children in a tutoring environment is an asset.
- Excellent English oral and written skills.
- Have a passion to help students reach their potential.
- Exceptionally organized and meticulous for attention to detail.
- Ability to teach in a 2:1 ratio.
- Ability to teach French would be considered an asset.
Candidates must be able to work a minimum of two shifts per week:
- Monday-Thursday 4 - 8 pm
- Fridays 2- 6 pm
- Saturdays 9 - 1 pm
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 6-12 per week
Salary: $20.00-$21.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Tutoring: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2024-01-22