We are currently hiring an afternoon shift supervisor for our busy logistics client in the Woodstock area.
Supervises a small group (8-17) of hourly associates in a cross dock. Monitor day-to-day operations for compliance to establish safety and logistics procedures.
· Communicate daily work assignments to all shift associates, Interview hourly associates and provide recommendations for hire, Ensure all associates are treated fairly.
· Evaluate and recommend changes in preferred work processes to improve customer satisfaction. Effectively manage deadline pressures while maintaining a positive attitude, Ensure customer's product is stored or delivered in a timely basis, damage free.
· Ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures such as inventory accuracy and control, returns, damages. Understand the relationship between decision-making and profitability. Closely manage associates' working hours and activities to minimize overtime and to meet or exceed productivity targets.
· Understand the location safety strategy and how to apply it in the work place. Continuously monitor and reinforce safety awareness among all shift associates, Lead shift safety meetings.
Growth / Customer Experience:
· Present a positive, can do attitude to the customer, Understand the location-specific customer goals & objectives, Determine areas that could benefit from continuous improvement efforts.
· Ensure all equipment is in proper working order, Ensure all maintenance documentation is completed and send to appropriate vendor (PTL, etc.), Ensure vehicles are properly secured when not in service.
Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
· 3-5 years warehouse experience required
· 2 years supervisory experience in a warehouse environment preferred.
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
· Post-Secondary Education preferred
· Must possess good communication skills as well as organizational and problem solving skills.
· Must be able to use CRT, PC, scanners, calculators and related equipment.
· Must have SAP knowledge
· Working knowledge of MRP, JIT and SAP preferred.
· Strong written/oral communication and organizational skills are required
· Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
· Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
· Work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, and complete a Penske employment application required.
· The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Logistics: 2 years (Preferred)
- supervisor: 2 years (Preferred)