Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
Reporting to the Manager, Linen, you will be responsible for maintaining linen supplies for hospital departments, clinics, bulk linen, including lab coats and uniforms. Daily duties include electronic ordering of linen supply carts, sterile and unsterile linen, CDHS Modules and communicating with our linen supplier and hospital departments regarding order/supply problems. Additional duties include, delivery of small bulk and linen cart orders to departments, clinics including the Medical Mall (General campus), monitoring linen demand, quotas and maintain inventory and logbook of uniforms and lab coats issued to employees. Clean linen cart exchange will be completed by the Linen Aide at the Birchmount campus. Other daily duties include monitoring the Scrub Ex machine and computer including maintaining the database, folding scrubs and restocking the ScrubEx machine. Laundering of Customer Owned Garments (COG) at the General Hospital only. You may be scheduled at the Birchmount, Centenary or General Hospital based on departmental needs.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- High school Diploma
- Ability to speak, read and write English fluently and comprehend directions in English along with good math skills
- Previous experience in linen supply environment preferred
- Knowledge of PC running Microsoft required.
- Must be physically able to perform required tasks involving walking, pushing/pulling carts and repetitive lifting
- Self motivated and able to work independently while demonstrating the ability to work effectively in a team
- Flexibility in responding to departmental needs in a constantly changing work load environment
- Proven ability to accept direction and guidance
- Proven ability to make quick assessments to solve minor problems and establish priorities in a fast paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent work performance and organizational skills
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues and volunteers and other members of the community and public
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN’s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
- Demonstrates excellent work performance and attendance record
- Previous hospital experience in a linen department
- Previous experience in minor sewing duties
- Ability to speak another language is an asset
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers