About this Opportunity
Giant Tiger’s Montreal Buying Office provides a dynamic work environment with many opportunities for a fulfilling career. We are a Canadian owned and operated retailer (and proud of it!), with a strong commitment to the community, and over 50 years of success. If you are looking for a challenging and stimulating career, Giant Tiger may be right for you. We believe in opportunities for growth & development, teamwork, and engagement.
This is an ideal opportunity to apply your experience in a retail buying office. You are a highly motivated individual, who has a passion for fashion retail with a focus on buying, product development, marketing, and analytics. Your strong organizational skills and your ability to work under tight deadlines with changing priorities will enable you to provide solid administrative support to the buying team. Your communication skills will enable you to maintain positive relationships with buyers, vendors, and other key areas of the organization.
- Process and update Purchase Orders;
- Follow up on orders and issues with vendors regarding deliveries, fit samples, missing information etc.;
- Sample management;
- Prepare buying reports for analysis (as required);
- Support advertising and marketing administration;
- Maintain positive relationship with buying, planning, vendors, warehouse and stores;
- Provide other administrative assistance to buyers.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a retail buying office;
- Post-secondary education in Fashion Design/Fashion Marketing/Fashion Buying;
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills;
- Fundamental understanding of retail and business math concepts;
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Experience with JDA or similar software such as AS400, an asset;
- Bilingual (English/French), required.
Giant Tiger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair and accessible employment procedures. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.