At the Northern Group of Companies, we are committed to provide equal opportunity, personal and professional development and a rewarding work environment for career progression. We recognize that our most valuable asset is our employees.
Why choose NGC as a career?
· Competitive Salaries
· Consistent working hours for the season
· Meal Allowance, Paid hotels, Travel Accommodations to site
· Team Environment Oriented
· Career Advancement Opportunity
· On-Boarding Training Videos
· On the job training thru our Mentorship Program
· Off Season Training Program
We remain as an essential critical infrastructure worker during the COVID-19 crisis. We have implemented a Pandemic Response Plan for the safety of our staff, clients, sub-contractors and the general public.
We are seeking a motivated candidate to fill the position of a Grader Operator to join our Falls Construction division.
· Full Time Seasonal
· Work Location: New Brunswick & occasions in Nova Scotia
· Wage will be based on experience and qualifications
The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive:
· Performs either rough grade or **fine grade finishing**, spreading and mixing materials on roadway.
· Must be willing and able to operate other equipment when required.
· Must be able to understand grades and have knowledge of plans, drawings and overall road construction
· Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, sub-contractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
· Operate other heavy equipment and other construction-related duties as required.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
· Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience. Minimum of (5) years’ experience required.
· Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with the supervisor and fellow employees.
· Must possess a valid driver's license and good abstract
· Must be able to work under pressure in some situations
· Must be able to work outdoors in areas that are dusty or dirty.
· **Must be willing to work away from home Monday thru Friday to travel at project locations in New Brunswick and a few occasions in Nova Scotia.
· **Available to work long hours and weekends when necessary.
Contract length: 7-8 months
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- finish fine grade: 2 years (Required)
- Grader Operator : 5 years (Required)