Summerland Credit Union is currently accepting applications for full-time
Financial Services Representatives to join our growing organization!
The successful candidates must commit to the service standards of the credit union and possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. A high level of professionalism must be maintained at all times. Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to foster business development, adhere to security procedures, be able to multi-task, and have excellent organizational & problem solving skills.
These roles are a valued and critical part of the credit union’s primary retail services and are responsible for creating a welcoming environment and a positive experience for our members. Key job functions include: providing solutions and delivering exceptional service for our members by telephone and in-person. Ideal applicants will enjoy working with people and have excellent communication skills.
1. Performs a variety of duties relating to the promotion and sales of deposit and loan products and services offered by the Credit Union including:
a) Responding to member inquiries by providing information on the full range of products and services;
b) Analyzing member needs and match the appropriate product or service;
c) Exhibiting a high commitment to member client relationships by promoting the concept of relationship building; cross-selling all credit union products and services and refers member to Personal Account Managers, Wealth Management or Insurance subsidiary when appropriate;
d) Promoting, up and cross-selling deposit products and services, including but not limited to, term deposits, RRSPs, RRIFs, deposit accounts, card products and electronic services;
e) Opening and closing personal and business memberships;
f) Complete and process MasterCard manual and CAP applications;
g) Opening and closing of safety deposit boxes.
h) Providing estate information and administration.
2. Provides deposit administrative support for the Personal Account Managers.
3. Adheres to security procedures as they pertain to the position.
4. May provide assistance to members with MSR duties during busy periods.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE;
· Secondary school diploma. (Post-secondary education an asset)
· Minimum three (3) years’ experience in the financial, retail or hospitality industry
· Completion of CUIC Fundamentals of Personal Financial Planning
OR EQUIVALENT EDUCATION and/or WORK EXPERIENCE
· Working knowledge of our deposit products and services, including registered products.
· Working knowledge of banking system
· Working knowledge of personal computer based literacy skills, including keyboarding, Windows operating system, internet access and e-mail
· Working knowledge of productivity programs, especially Word and Excel
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong time management and organizational skills.
Reference ID: FSR-2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $37,912.00-$50,549.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
All customers are required to wear a mask, curbside service is available, common services are sanitized regularly, etc.
- Customer Service: 1 year (required)