St. Joseph’s Villa is one of Ontario’s largest and most innovative long term care homes. Located in historic downtown Dundas, we are proud to be the second largest organization in the St. Joseph’s Health System. Continuing the mission and legacy of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Hamilton, we are proud to serve our community.
We are the largest employer in Dundas. Our campus is conveniently located on a city bus route and offers free parking. We offer a range of challenging, rewarding careers and advancement opportunities for dedicated professionals in a health care environment.
Every member of our team matters.
St. Joseph’s Villa Employees Benefits include:
· Educational Scholarships, Mentorship & Support for Career Advancement
· Teaching & Facilitator Opportunities with partnership programs for community colleges, universities and secondary schools
· Recognition for Excellence through Annual Service Awards and Applause Awards
· Contributions to the HOOP Pension Plan
· Health and Wellness Benefits through Manulife Financial (eligibility & enrollment varies)
· St. Joseph Health System Employee Rewards/Discount Program
· Employee Celebrations through Spirit Committee, Staff Appreciation Week, Nurses Week etc.
We are currently seeking a TEMPORARY CASUAL SCREENING STAFF to join our growing and dynamic team!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and screen all staff and visitors who enter the building by asking predetermined questions regarding COVID-19 and record all responses given.
- Using a thermometer at a distance to check and record temperatures of everyone entering the building
- Ensuring all staff members and visitors are provided a mask upon entering the building.
- Read all communication that is sent to all screeners to ensure up to date with COVID information, procedures, policies and protocols.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of designated work areas and high touch areas.
- Willing to train for additional duties as required.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Strong customer service and organizational skills
- Able to follow instructions and directions
- Must be able to work independently without supervision
- Clear communication
Hours of Work and Availability:
Please note that this position is required 7 days a week, and the hours of operation are from 05:45-23:00. Open availability to fill these times is required, as this position is deemed casual to start and will be based on coverage and call ins. Please also note that the Villa must be your primary employer during this time.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
St. Joseph’s Villa is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Casual
- Company Events
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site Parking
- customer service : 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)