Zighra is a sensor-based cybersecurity company, leveraging the latest technologies and world's best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in invisible security. We're producing user-centric, technology-driven solutions to establish new paradigms in human-machine interaction. We're seeking to embed security into everything we do in our daily lives, including the way we drive, walk and talk. At Zighra, a Techstars startup, we're creating something new, something connected, and something with global impact.
Your main objectives will be the research and implementation of user experience (UX) design that plays at the intersection of human-computer interaction (HCI) and AI. The challenge is to create mobile and web experiences that leverage device telemetry to authenticate users. Apart from the raw sensor data itself, certain high-level aspects related to the user like the walking patterns, phone handling, daily life events, etc. would help identify the real user of the device. Focus would be on UX design, prototyping, development and testing. Depending on the duration of the internship, you might additionally have the opportunity to gain a first-hand experience of deploying the designs you create, on a device (mobile phone) and evaluate real-time performance. Zighra transforms device sensor data into human-relatable intelligence, and hence this project sits at the heart of its technology adoption.
Desired skills and expertise:
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in HCI research methodologies.
- Passion for solving challenging user experience problems.
- Ability to quickly qualitatively and quantitatively assess a problem.
- Ability to work productively with team members, identify and resolve tough issues in a collaborative manner.
- Basic knowledge of UX design, prototyping and testing tools.
Bonus Knowledge and Skills:
- Being familiar with data science, machine learning, and AI concepts and methodologies.
- Previous research experience in applying HCI methods to the domain of data science, machine learning, or behavioural sciences is a big plus.
Contract length: 4 months
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Salary: Up to $25.00 per hour
- UX Design: 1 year (Required)