YMCA Camp Elphinstone
1760 YMCA Road
Rate of Pay:
Seasonal Contract, Full time
June 20th to August 21st, 2020
Wellness Director, Summer Camp Director
Nature & Scope
YMCA Camp Elphinstone is seeking individuals to fill the role of Wellness Assistant.
The Wellness Assistant provides support to the Wellness Director and helps in all areas of camp to ensure a healthy and safe camp environment for participants and staff - physically, socially, and emotionally. This person helps to ensure a clean and healthy camp environment is maintained and supports staff in providing a high degree of care for campers. The Wellness Assistant is also responsible for helping maintain camper information systems at camp.
The Wellness Assistant is a member of the program staff team at camp. The program staff team will responsible for instructing camp activities and supporting other staff in delivering programs. They will also have other daily responsibilities such as helping with supervision of campers, evening cabin support, facilitating early morning and evening programs, program logistics, and care/maintenance of camp program equipment.
- Assist the Wellness Director in providing a healthy and safe camp environment for participants and staff.
- Maintain a medication schedule and administer all medication to campers.
- Assist with organizing and maintaining camper information systems and health forms. Keep a written log of all Wellness Centre activity.
- Regularly administer first aid to participants. Ensure all first aid kits at camp are adequately stocked.
- Work with the other 16 members of the program staff team to accomplish shared responsibilities.
- Standard First Aid & CPR-C
- Bronze Cross
- Nursing Student (minimum 2nd year)
- Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening issued no later than six (6) months preceding start date
- 3 successful reference checks
Additional Qualifications (assets)
- Advanced First Aid (40+ hours)