Assistant Store Manager – Hamilton, Ontario
Our retail Assistant Store Manager (ASM) is vital to delivering a distinctive shopping experience. The ASM is primarily responsible for working collaboratively with the SM and company management and to manage, maintain and supervise day-to-day retail operations activities at the retail store location.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Sales Associate Support:
- Motivate and inspire team members to be positive, friendly, knowledgeable, and hardworking
- Support SM and team members and provide positive and constructive feedback so that they grow professionally
- Support SM and all team members on work procedures and policies so that everyone understands what's required to do a great job
- Maintain written SOPs as changes to policy and/or regulations occur and ensure compliance among team
- Be accessible and extremely responsive to all team member's questions, suggestions, and concerns and help resolve any team member conflicts
- Strong ability to lead by example and work with staff to deal with any circumstances that may arise in a high volume retail store.
Sales and Customer Service:
- Utilize customer and team member feedback to readily implement changes to improve the customer experience
- Track all employee and store sales daily to ensure optimal performance
Daily Store Operations:
- Maintain store compliance with all local, state and federal regulations, Organize and communicate all required reporting, paperwork, and state tracking system recording
- Assist State and Local Government Auditors and Law Enforcement with inventory, sales, and compliance audits
- Perform all daily opening and closing procedures
- Ensure that the sales floor is adequately stocked at all times
- Coordinate with management and senior leadership to perform daily/monthly/yearly inventory audits and reconciliations
- Ensure all expired/damaged/returned product is logged and disposed of according to regulations
- Assist in receiving and ensuring that all wholesale deliveries are compliant and accurate compared to invoices, etc.
- Provide daily correspondence via email and manager’s log, with the team members as needed
- Comply with all HR policies, including confidentiality and non-disclosures
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
Qualifications and Requirements of an ASM:
- Reporting and Information Management: must have proficiency in Microsoft Office and
- 5-6+ years of management experience in retail.
- Ability to obtain Cannabis Retail Manager License from AGCO by given personal disclosure and details to AGCO.
- Experience working in Unionized environment.
- Sound knowledge of Cannabis plants and different strains of Cannabis
- Knowledge of standards of Cannabis Retail stores set by AGCO.
- Knowledge of local and state laws and regulations pertaining to retail Cannabis is a must!
- Achievement-oriented and hard working
- Must successfully pass an extensive background check.
- Organized, flexible, and empathetic
- Detail-oriented and proactive
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Strong communicator who can present ideas clearly
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Entrepreneurial, collaborative, an extremely positive attitude
- Knowledgeable about the cannabis industry and its policies and laws
- Ability to work nights, holidays and weekends.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- retail management: 4 years (Required)
- AGCO Cannsell / police check (Required)