Be a part of a compassionate, dynamic team! The Heart of Hastings Hospice has an opportunity for a Temporary Full-time Residential Coordinator. This position is a 1-year contract filling a maternity leave starting in October 2019. The Residential Coordinator acts as a resource person and navigator for palliative clients and their families throughout their journey in the hospice residence.
The role provides hands-on-comfort measures to hospice residents and assists individuals and their families to optimize their end-of-life journey through our compassionate and caring trained volunteer services.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Education as a Practical Nurse and be in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Knowledge and understanding of hospice palliative care
- Personal comfort dealing with death and dying
- Experience working with volunteers
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and empathetic listening skills
- Results driven, goal focused with strong analytical skills and proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings
- Participation in a rotating on-call schedule
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- Palliative Care: 2 years (Preferred)