Reporting to the Team Leader, the incumbent will perform one or more of the following processes in the repair of engine rotables or aircraft components: machine grinding, machine milling, machine turning, hand polishing, CNC operation and programming, general inspection.
- Must possess a provincial machinist trade qualification.
- Must have completed a recognized apprenticeship with the Company, or have a minimum of 4 years equivalent experience by other means acceptable to Quality Assurance for the implementation of technical work on engines/modules.
- Must be able to interpret drawings and documentation.
- Must have knowledge of machine shop equipment.
- Experience with machining and processes of repairing aircraft engine components would be an asset.
- Experience with CNC milling and grinding machines would be an asset.
- Use machining processes to repair engine rotables or aircraft components.
- Follow direction of shop leadership.
- Comply with company policy and procedure manuals.
- Recommend additions or changes to work documents.
- Advise Leads of tool shortages.
- Ensure machines are cleaned and maintained.
- Make suggestions to Team Leaders for process improvements.
- Keep shop licenses current.
- Provide on-the-job training as needed.
Advanced knowledge with Microsoft Operation System Windows 10
Intermediate/Advanced knowledge with MS Office 2010
Experience with SAP functions/transactions and system (or similar ERP system)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $31.28-$36.04 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We have established safety measures (masks, physical distancing and barriers) to keep employees safe.
- Manual Machining: 1 year (Required)