The Certified Activity Aide has a critical role within our home as it impacts the lives of our residents and it ignites the warmth of human connection. We strive for excellence in providing compassionate, quality care and programming that enhances the social, intellectual, physical, emotional and the spiritual well-being of all of our residents.
The successful candidate must posses a post-secondary diploma or degree in recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, kinesiology or other related field from a community college or university.
- Plan, implement and evaluate both individual and group programs based on the assessed need and as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, as well as documentation skills.
- Identify and asses the residents' needs to develop fulfilling activities.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in care planning and resident assessments.
- Must posses proficient computer skills, experience with RAI-MDS is an asset.
- Maintain program and resident assessments according to department policy.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Knowledge and/or experience in working with the geriatric population including those with cognitive impairments.
- Ability to independently lead programs, including set up and cleaning of activity areas.
- Transport residents to and from programs.
- Work cooperatively with other departments to meet resident needs.
- Assist in planning activity calendars in accordance with the care plan goals and preferences of the residents.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Food Handler and Smart Serve Certificates are considered an asset.
Part-time hours: 24 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $0.00 per hour