Job Title: Counter Sales - Construction and Industrial Supplies
Fastek is an industry leader of industrial and commercial tool sales, service, supplies and repair located in the Barrie, Niagara and Hamilton markets. Our team is driven by a culture of family, integrity and leadership. We offer our clients a level of quality and customer service unsurpassed in today’s marketplace. Our team operates on a foundation of hard work, attention to detail, hands-on building, honesty, integrity and fairness.
Fastek is an authorized service and repair Centre for many major brands, including Hitachi Milwaukee and Dewalt. We service and repair most makes and models of air tools / compressors (gas and electric) and power tools. We also specialize in complete repairs to powder actuated and gas powered nailers.
Full Time position
We have an immediate opening for a Counter Sales position within our team in Barrie, Ontario.
If you share these qualities of excellence, we would like to meet you.
Previous sales knowledge within construction/commercial/industrial supply industry is an asset.
Extensive power tool and fastener knowledge is essential.
Be organized in a fast paced work environment meeting tight time schedules.
Knowledge of the Barrie and surrounding areas.
Familiar with all aspects of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
Key Function and Role
- Ability to assist in planning for the branch success and communications
- Business development in the Barrie and surrounding market
- Proven excellence in client retention and customer service
- Recommend promotional and advertising campaigns for local market
- Accountable for accuracy and completion of financial reporting and administration documents
- Proven excellence in communications skills both verbal and written
- Proven time management and organizational skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work well in a team environment and individually
- Provide power tool and fastener recommendations based on experience and knowledge
- Business development and sales activities both inbound and outbound
- Ability to work in a retail location including cash sales and phone orders environment
- Inventory controls and cycle counts
- Professional human relations and phone mannerisms
- Merchandise and maintain store cleanliness
- Research and compile information on new job sites and contractor activities
- Pro-actively search for business opportunities through consistent customer contact and networking
- Able to lift boxes up to 50lbs unassisted
Key requirements of this position include:
- A strong positive attitude and willingness to learn
- 3-5 years of retail sales experience in construction and industrial sectors
- Knowledge of Barrie and surrounding geography
- Knowledge of construction and industrial products including fasteners, screws, bolts, anchors and abrasives
- Completion of a diploma or college program in a related field
- Proven use of MS Office programs and use of technology
Full Time position
Salary range based on experience, skills and desire to learn
Store Hours: Monday to Friday 7am – 5pm
Recognition and promotion opportunities based on level of skill sets and performance potential.
How to apply:
Resumes and cover letters can be emailed only per Indeed instructions
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Construction and Commercial Industry Knowledge: 3 years (Preferred)
- Construction and Mechanical Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Understanding of Barrie and Surrounding Market: 3 years (Preferred)