Radiant offers a complete range of industry-leading transportation and warehousing solutions to businesses around the globe by leveraging our extensive network of carrier partners across all modes. Radiant provides customized logistics solutions that create value and increase profitability for our customers.
We are currently looking for a Food Safety Auditor to join Radiant and be part of our dynamic team.
The Food Safety Auditor is a key role within the Quality and Regulatory Affairs Team, responsible for conducting monthly audits to ensure that the Delta facility is meeting applicable Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) / American Institute of Baking (AIB) standards. Main functions of the role include assembling audit report results with follow-up to ensure that corrective actions are taken and communicating non-conformances and issues to management for resolution.
NOTE: This is a part-time role (10-month contract). Once per month, the incumbent conducts an audit / facility inspection. Each audit / facility inspection takes 4 to 6 hours. Additional hours are required for external and client audits a few times per year. We welcome Consultants for this opportunity.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct internal monthly food safety audits
- Ensure GMP and AIB requirements are met.
- Maintain a compliant GMP Quality System.
- Support recalls.
- Review and update internal SOPs as necessary to ensure GMP compliance.
- Conduct ongoing review of existing products that the Company distributes to ensure compliance.
- Provide SOP training to employees.
- Work with various operational teams to ensure that high Food Grade standards are maintained at all facilities.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement initiatives as it relates to food.
- Act as the primary contact during AIB inspections. Coordinate internal teams and implement corrective actions to completion.
- Other duties and assignments as required.
What You Bring to the Role:
- Minimum 3 years’ food safety experience in a Canadian or US Food company.
- Experience in AIB or equivalent.
- College Diploma / University Degree in Biological Sciences or related discipline.
- Diploma in Food Safety is an asset.
- Experience in Supply Chain (transportation, logistics, warehousing) is a definite asset.
- Intermediate computer skills required in Excel i.e. filter, sort, formulas, graphs.
- Dedicated commitment to ensuring customer requirements for licensing are proactively managed.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in verbal and written form to all levels.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task.
- Team cooperation and respect is required.
- Analytical and detail-oriented.
Job Type: Part-time
Schedule: Approximately 6 hours per month
Location: 1587 Derwent Way, Delta BC V3M 6K8
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
- 3 years’ food safety experience in a Canadian or US Food com: 3 years (Required)