Reporting to the Supervisor Social Services, Community and Health Services, is responsible for providing clerical and administrative support, customer service at reception, application processing activities, document and file management, and data entry and statistical tasks to support Unit and Branch objectives; responsible for generating and compiling reports and correspondence as assigned; providing services supporting the provision of information to internal customers, external clients and members of the public, as required.
- Answers, screens, directs or takes messages of telephone calls from internal and external callers.
- Greets and assists visitors when at front counter.
- Sells variety of documentation and processes receipts for items purchased, as assigned.
- Organizes, maintains and stocks supply room, reception areas, meeting rooms and other areas.
- Creates, organizes, maintains and tracks hard copy and electronic files and records in accordance with Regional standards and systems including a bring-forward system.
- Prepares files and boxing for off site storage in accordance with Regional standards.
- Receives and enters data; compiles, updates, maintains and provides data, statistics and reports; converts and presents data in an acceptable format; processes documents (e.g. forms, invoices etc) and forwards to appropriate person, as required.
- Processes receipts for items purchased.
- Responds to inquiries and resolves concerns, as appropriate, from Departments, general public etc. or refers to appropriate personnel as required; provides direction and information about services.
- Processes applications and related documents pertaining to applications, as assigned; assists customers with applications and contacts them for missing information/documents; contacts applicants when ready and forwards appropriate documents; maintains tracking system relating to applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned, in accordance with Branch and Department objectives.
- May occasionally be required to respond to emergency situations outside of normal business hours, as related to the Departmental Emergency Plan.
- Successful completion of a Secondary School Diploma or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years clerical/administrative experience in an automated office environment including reception experience.
- Knowledge of Department and Branch services and programs and ability to relate information to meet customer needs, including knowledge of the applicable Division/Unit’s programs and procedures.
- Knowledge of general office procedures including records and information management filing systems.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications with proficiency in Word Processing and basic knowledge of Excel and Power Point software.
- Ability to exercise good judgement in dealing with difficult situations and/or respond to enquiries from internal and external clients.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize, as needed.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
- All York Region Employees are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine series, approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization, as a condition of hire. Should you be the successful candidate, you will be required to comply with the Region’s mandatory Vaccination Policy that is in effect.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online by October 25, 2021. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.