PROJECT MANAGER LOCATION: EDMONTON & AREA
GS Construction is one of the longest serving General Contractors in the Edmonton area, specializing in Water & Sewer Rehabilitation and New Construction. We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Project Manager to join our Team. Our people are our greatest asset and we strive to create a safe, healthy and positive work environment. With over 40 years in the construction industry, we have built a tradition on being the best at what we do and are looking for employees that are motivated to be their best. Apply today, if you are looking for a new opportunity with a growing company that values Honesty, Integrity, and Quality Work.
- Competitive Salaries based on experience.
- Upward Advancement based on Performance.
- Profit Sharing
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Laptop, Cell Phone and Company Vehicle
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of project management, including start up, obtaining permits, preparing tenders, budgets, estimates and construction schedules. The Project Manager will work with in-house and external construction personnel to ensure project construction is executed in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining integrity of design and will work closely with the organization to ensure feasibility and costing of projects. Responsibilities shall include:
- Interpreting the intent of the contract and planning contingencies to deal with any project risks including timely payment.
- Manages project budgets through effectively facilitating all Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables.
- Effectively leads the project team by coordinating all internal stakeholder expectations through the life of the project. This also includes preparing the Tender Process, Budgets, Estimates, Construction Schedules, progress and monthly reports etc.
- Conducts cost-benefit analyses, risk analyses, and ROI calculations to determine project feasibility.
- Responsible for communicating to internal and external customers for the life of the project by establishing a Project Charter for each approved project, defining the projects goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, staffing levels, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structure, milestones, and deliverables.
- Conducts stakeholder meetings and forums to solicit feedback, input, and expectations; incorporate these into project plans.
- Responsible for successfully initiating budgeting and managing the project start-up phase.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the civil construction industry as a project manager or coordinator.
- Must have understanding of construction terms, scheduling and planning concepts, including the ability to interpret plans and drawings.
- High proficiency in the use of construction project management software.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- College diploma or university degree in a construction related field.
- Possesses a solid track record of building and maintaining strong working relationships both internally and externally; where employees are engaged and motivated.
- Strong problem solving, decision-making abilities and leadership skills.
- Ability to assign and delegate work, problem solve, answer questions and evaluate results of performance.
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects.
- Detail oriented.
- Proficient with computers including Microsoft Office.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with clients, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
Job Type: Full-time