Académie de la Capitale (Acadecap International School) is a private school in Ottawa West for JK to Grade 12. In the summer, we offer a varity of summer camps. AcadeCamp Kind, AcadeCamp, AcadeCoders, and they all consist of participation in AcadecCamp Athletiks. We are currently in need of and Camp Leader for our AcadecCamp Kinder group. This would mean working with children between the ages of 4-5 years.
This job is being part of the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Our ideal candidate would have previous experience working with children. As AcadeCamp is a bilingual camp, French and English would be required. The camp will run for 7 weeks, beginning on July 4, 2022 and ending on August 19, 2022.
- Must have previous experience supervising, working with and caring for young children.
- Must have the ability to engage young children in a positive and enthusiastic manner, while also serving as a good role model for both the campers and fellow leaders and counselors.
- Must be able to organize and plan a variety of activities for children ages 4-5 in French and English. While most of the camp programming will have already been determined, the counselor will be in charge of organizing and implementing the programming.
- Must be able to identify and respond to camper behavior issues in a calm and positive manner.
- Must be organized and punctual.
- Must be aware of the surrounding environment and must be able to read and adapt to various situations involving children.
- Must be sociable and able to interact and communicate with parents regarding the child's experience at camp.
- Must have a recent Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Must have valid First Aid and CPR training.
- Must be 18 and older. Grade 12, College and University students are encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to work independently onsite and/or remotely based on the evolution of the pandemic and the Ontario Ministry of Health and Public Health recommendations.
- Ensure the well-being and safety of all the children under your care.
- Be actively involved in the development/fine-tuning of the AcadeCamp programmes.
- Lead recreation and other programme activities including outdoor physical games, board and card games, computer based activities and off-campus trips.
- Assist with the set-up and break down of camp.
- Perform a variety of daily tasks as assigned by the camp coordinator including but not limited to: attendance, supervision during drop-off and pick-up, meal service and supervision.
- Supervise counselors and volunteers assigned to AcadeCamp.
- Understand and implement Académie de la Capitale's rules, policies, safety guidelines and practices.
- Help maintain a safe, sanitary and organized environment for campers and staff.
- Be alert to campers' needs and provide assistance when required.
- Mentor: build confidence, knowledge, responsibility and social adeptness in young children
- Collaborate: work together and support your team by going above and beyond
Kindly include a brief cover letter with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about Académie de la Capitale (Acadecap International School), please visit www.acadecap.org.
Contract length: 7 weeks
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract, Seasonal
Contract length: 7 weeks
Salary: $18.50 per hour
- camp counsellor/tutoring/childcare: 1 year (preferred)
Expected start date: 2022-07-04