BWXT ITG Canada, Inc. provides its customers, who conduct life-saving medical procedures for patients around the world, the benefit of decades of experience in the development, manufacturing, packaging and delivery of medical isotopes and radiopharmaceuticals. Headquartered in Kanata, Ontario, BWXT ITG Canada, Inc. employs over 150 highly-skilled people in Kanata and Vancouver, British Columbia. BWXT ITG Canada, Inc. is part of the BWXT nuclear power segment (NPG) of BWX Technologies, Inc.
Engineer (Chemical / Industrial)
We are recruiting for an Engineer (Chemical / Industrial) for our facility in Kanata, Ontario.
Working within the Engineering team, you will:
- Assist in troubleshooting, process optimization and continuous improvements across manufacturing operations in Kanata.
- Source, design, document, test, install and commission process equipment for the chemical processing of raw materials into cGMP compliant products.
- Independently conduct and modify current practices and procedures to reflect business needs.
- Plan and execute activities to ensure project goals are met.
- Commissioning of new processes, products, equipment and facilities.
- Provide technical advice as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical/Industrial).
- 5+ years of specifically related experience.
- Experience with SolidWorks.
- Experience with Current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Working knowledge of electro-mechanical systems, facility equipment, PLC’s and related computer systems would be an asset.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to deliver results and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and workload prioritizing skills.
BWXT ITG Canada Inc. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended or any other category protected by federal law.